What's new

Iphone 7 or SE

Adon.W

Reaction score
Hi helpers,

Im looking for a new phone since i have a mac (from the office) and lost my old phone. I have 2 options, iPhone 7 or SE (btw it's my first iPhone)
The main reason why i would choose an iPhone SE, is obviously because of the price. But im still not sure if this really is a good idea because usually i don't buy old stuff. I would want to know few things about.
- What about the batterie, do you guys think the size of the batterie compared to it's Energie consumption it's almost the same as from the iPhone 7? I mean with this, that the batterie holds on the same time, more or less.
- What about the OS, how long do you guys think will it support updating (i) OS's?
- CPU, i saw the name of the chip is A9. Will the velocity be similar to the new chip of the iPhone 7 (if there is already any information) or will it be much slower?
GPU, Are there any games which you cant run very very good at the SE?
Audio jack, i heard there is no audio jack at the iPhone 7, is that true?
And generally, is the iPhone SE a very recommended phone or not that much.

Greetings,
Adon

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an IPhone SE and in general it's a great phone. The there are a few things that you may not like. 1. The SE has an LTE modem that is older and slower. 2. No 3D Touch. 3. The selfie camera is horrible. 4. The screen is only 4". Given the price is a few hundred bucks cheaper and the phone has the same processor of the 6s, I don't mind these shortcomings. The phone should be able to upgrade for at least 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few YouTube videos comparing the 7 vs the SE and even while the 7 has a faster A10 CPU the SE performance is almost the same.
I bought a 64Gb Space Gray SE and am very happy with it, battery lasts a lot, charging time is faster and I am happier using it, I had a 6s before and the form factor, bigger size and nipple camera always bordered me

My 4 months old SE still have better run time than new iPhone 7. The 7 has 7 hours usage standby 1 day with 27% juice left while SE has 5 hours usage 32 hours standby and 50% left.