What's new

4.3.3 - 5.1.1

Now when i go to tiny umberella it dosent even recognise my phone and wont boot me out of dfu mode , i have no choice but to try and restore and i the process update to ios6 via itunes, oh well i just hope my phone works again after the restore and update is done :-(

Right heres where im now , i am on 5.1.1 9b206 my baseband is 04.10.01 i have managed to use the back up idone earlier i have cydia installed and my phone is all working except 1 function of it..........that being the phone- it says no service so i cant recieve make any calls tetxs etc , wifi is good everything is except my actual phone functions, what should i do..?

Last edited:
Manually put your ECID in for TinyUmbrella to kick it out of DFU

Im not in dfu mode anymore see my last post please :-(

Last edited:
Dont know if this is relevant or mot but im in the uk and i should be with the orange network ?

Last edited:
Hey Jock.... it may be that your iPhone also required software unlock...? if this is the case we have missed the opportunity to unlock iPhone.....your only chance is to obtain/purchase a factory unlock...your iPhone will originally be from O2,Vodafone,3,or Tmobile. Find out which was the original network provider and request a Factory unlock direct from them(a charge may be involved)......failing that try your luck with many online unlocking services... GoodLuck..

Hey Jock.... it may be that your iPhone also required software unlock...? if this is the case we have missed the opportunity to unlock iPhone.....your only chance is to obtain/purchase a factory unlock...your iPhone will originally be from O2,Vodafone,3,or Tmobile. Find out which was the original network provider and request a Factory unlock direct from them(a charge may be involved)......failing that try your luck with many online unlocking services... GoodLuck..

Ref what you said above i have a few questions.

1. Why would my phone have required software unlock, what would have caused this ?
2. Could i try reinstalling the custom firmware i made, if this does not work could i try to upgrade through itunes to ios6 and wait for the untethered jailbreak to come out, would any of these perhaps get my service back ?
3.what would i tell orange that i need it unlocked for what could i say?
4. These online services you mention are there any in cydia that would do the job?

P.s i bought my phone from a shop as new and have always had it with orange from new , why would i need a software unlocker i never have needed 1 to jb before , please explain why i would need a software unlocker aswell as the questions above to help me out, would be much appreciative , cheers.

Last edited:
That changes things a bit... Have you tried removing sim card ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes tried removing sim , what changes things a bit ? What that i have told you above changes things ? Can u answer any of my questions above mate, im stresed with this :-( i want it working again please :-(

Last edited:
Well guys i eventually managed to update my iphone to ios6 via itunes and it now has baseband 04.12.02, im so glad my phone works now, its not jailbroken i would imagine my new combo of ios6 + 04.12 will be jailbreakable untethered soon can anyone confirm ?

P.s thank you for all your help and patience with me ;-)

Once you have built and saved you custom firmware you need to restore your iPhone through iTunes...

Start iTunes... (on a PC) Hold shift while clicking Restore navigate to your newly custom built 5.1.1 IPSW and select.

let iTunes do its thing...

After i done all the above mention iTunes extract the custom built 5.1.1 IPSW and start restoring but when verifying my iphone is prompt a error message could not restore. An error occur (3194). How could i solve this problem. Please help...you help is much appreciated

After i done all the above mention iTunes extract the custom built 5.1.1 IPSW and start restoring but when verifying my iphone is prompt a error message could not restore. An error occur (3194). How could i solve this problem. Please help...you help is much appreciated

Open up TinyUmbrella and unstick "Set Host To Cydia" if it's ticked. Then go into your Host file and delete any lines that has to do with Apple. That should fix the 3194 error