What's new

4.3.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK TUTORIAL RedSn0w MAC & WINDOWS iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

ok. stil a little confused. if im already running 4.3.1 , do i still need to downlaod the ispw AND the redsn0w JB tool, or can i just use the JB tool

you need the 4.3.1 ipsw to jailbreak your phone

ok. stil a little confused. if im already running 4.3.1 , do i still need to downlaod the ispw AND the redsn0w JB tool, or can i just use the JB tool

I don't think that it's necessary to download a new ispw again. If you have upgrade your phone to 4.3.1 via itunes, then you should be able to locate the ispw downloaded by itunes in your computer.

On windows xp
Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

On Mac:
~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

Just locate it, then copy it to another destination like desktop, or My documents and direct redsnow to that destination for jailbreaking.
No waist of time downloading anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just downloaded the required apps and followed the video instructions but I never get the pineapple screen. When the phone(4g) reboots it says I'm still at version 4.1 Any ideas?

tap on settings > general > about

then tell us what firmware version it shows.. if its saying your on 4.1 then maybe your choosing wrong fw or you really are on 41?

By the way it's an At&T phone

version: 4.1 (8B117)
firmware: 01.59.00

Comex claim that his patch wasn't implement in the untether by i0n1c, and i0n1c just confirm this. He's saying that this must be the reason why many cydia app are not working on the phone.
602cbb1d-a8de-98d4.jpg
602cbb1d-a8ec-a6f5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys,

i did everything that is in the instructional video. I download the redsnow 0.96rc9 the new version. I have iphone 4g with firmware 4.3.1 already.

then While i was on step number 3 holding the home button i see a BLank WHITE screen then REDSNOW crashes in the middle when it says stop on updating ramdisk or something.

What can i do. i tried 3 tiems already and it still STOP/Crash when redsnow is updating ramdisk....

Hi guys,

i did everything that is in the instructional video. I download the redsnow 0.96rc9 the new version. I have iphone 4g with firmware 4.3.1 already.

then While i was on step number 3 holding the home button i see a BLank WHITE screen then REDSNOW crashes in the middle when it says stop on updating ramdisk or something.

What can i do. i tried 3 tiems already and it still STOP/Crash when redsnow is updating ramdisk....

1- Back up your phone using itunes, after that restore your device via itune to the most recent firmware.

2- Now you will try to locate the firmware that has been install on your phone by itunes in your computer instead of downloading a new firmware that might not match the one installed in your phone. Firmware files have an .ipsw extension and can be found at the following locations:

a.) On Windows XP :
Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

b.) On Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates

c.) On Mac:
~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

3- Copy the firmware ""dont cut but copy"" to a a location in your computer, like on the desktop.

4- windows xp compatibility mode and runing as administrator, Run redsnow and direct redsnow to locate the firmware you've just copied to your desktop.

5- After redsnow firmware authetification finish press next and you should see redsnow patching kernel on going screen. When it finish patching the kernel a new window will open where only "install cydia" is selected. Leave everything there the way they are and just cilk next.

6- plug in your device to your computer ONLY AFTER THAT YOU SHOULD POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE.

7- follow redsnow instructions to enter DFU mode, and as soon as you notice that redsnow found the DFU mode, release the home button.

8- Leave the phone an your computer alone until redsnow enable "finish" button on its window.

9- Your device should restart after that and you will find cydia on the home screen of your phone.

10- you are good to go, and voila tout.

Last edited:
thanks bab2010

I didnt follow your instructions but i was able to google up what the problem is with my redsnow jailbreak. It turns out that i have to go to windows task manager and set the affinity to CPU 1 in order to bypass the updating ramdisk error crash. Here is the LINK for those ppl who has same problem as me!

Redsn0w 4.3.1 Jailbreak Redsnow | Iphone 4 Jailbreak.org

thanks bab2010

I didnt follow your instructions but i was able to google up what the problem is with my redsnow jailbreak. It turns out that i have to go to windows task manager and set the affinity to CPU 1 in order to bypass the updating ramdisk error crash. Here is the LINK for those ppl who has same problem as me!

Redsn0w 4.3.1 Jailbreak Redsnow | Iphone 4 Jailbreak.org

Happy for you, enjoy now even though cydia is not really uptodate with the iOS 4.3.1

I've done all the following steps,,4.3.1 with latest cydia 1.1.1,,but why my SHSH is 4.2.1??

Have performed the redwsnow jb a few times all with partial success the problem i am having is that everytime i do it the cydia app remains as aw hite icon and is unlaunchable.