What's new

4.3.1 UNTETHERED JAILBREAK TUTORIAL RedSn0w MAC & WINDOWS iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad

Have performed the redwsnow jb a few times all with partial success the problem i am having is that everytime i do it the cydia app remains as aw hite icon and is unlaunchable.

sounds like cydia did not install properly... what tool and version of that tool did you use and what os are you on?

I am on win xp sp2 running redsnow rc12 i jsut did a tethered boot and cydia works no prob and has changed the icon from a white square to a real icon but when i rejailbreak it is still crashing each and everytime

thanks for the quick reply hope to get this sorted unjailbreaking 4.2.1 was the biggest mistake i ever made

Last edited:
there is the problem right there.. your running xpee the ancient os.. i think with that os causes problems, some one else using xp confirm please. try on a machine using 7 if you can or osx

no it was not a biggest mistake because 4.3.1 is better :) just not as many available apps for it in cydia

okay i am slacking at work right now and only have xp avaialble to me but as soon as i get home will try running it on my win 7 pc and will come back and update

I've never jailbroke my phone before, do i need to unlock it at all? I have an iPhone 4 and its on o2, i dont know what infomation you need to be able to tell me, or what i need to find out, but could somone help please?!

By the way, i did try to jailbreak it about half hour ago, but redsnow kept on crashing at 'Uploading ramdisk'.

I've never jailbroke my phone before, do i need to unlock it at all? I have an iPhone 4 and its on o2, i dont know what infomation you need to be able to tell me, or what i need to find out, but could somone help please?!

unlock means you can use any gsm carrier worldwide, so if your phone is locked to o2 and you want to use another carrier then unlock might be for you, even though o2 unlock the iphones for you any way.

just follow the instructions on the first post and you will be ok :)

also did you upgrade to 4.3.2 firmware?

[/QUOTE]
unlock means you can use any gsm carrier worldwide, so if your phone is locked to o2 and you want to use another carrier then unlock might be for you, even though o2 unlock the iphones for you any way.

just follow the instructions on the first post and you will be ok :)

also did you upgrade to 4.3.2 firmware?[/QUOTE]

I dont want to unlock my phone really to be honest, i dont see the need in it, i dont travel that often and if i were to go on holiday, does'nt the network service provider (if thats the right name for it) change for you on its own?

No i didnt upgrade to the 4.3.2, just in case it messed up the process.
I think im doing every thing right, it just freezes on me and gets me a little worried haha. I guess ill try a few more times, if i have no luck bo***cks to it. Haha.

Cheers.

Last edited:
if you put it in dfu mode correctly then redsn0w takes care of the rest and you just leave it to do its thing.. just a little tip, keep holding the home button until you see the pineapple.

Got past the 'Uploading ramdisk' part.

Its now failing on the 'Uploading kernel' ? part.

Maybe my timing is out with the pressing and releasing of the button's.

if you put it in dfu mode correctly then redsn0w takes care of the rest and you just leave it to do its thing.. just a little tip, keep holding the home button until you see the pineapple.

There's a pineapple? Im just seeing what looks like a hard drive a disc and an arrow?

There's a pineapple? Im just seeing what looks like a hard drive a disc and an arrow?

yes but soon after that you see a pineapple when its jailbreaking and installing cydia..

also there is a 4.3.2 un tethered jb now Dev-Team Blog

Hello! I have successfully jail broken my iPhone 4! .. However, i have noticed that any thing i try and download from Cydia does not download? Im getting some sort of error, for every single app! Any ideas?

Is it possible to Un-Jailbreak?

Thanks.