What's new

How To UNTETHER JAILBREAK iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1

Can someone post a step by step process for whats needed to jailbrake the ip 4. as in what software is needed on pc ( as in chrome etc..) Post it for us non techno types. Yes I am ignorant when it comes to this but I want to take advantage of the cool things my phone can do. So..... Baby steps please. LOL !!!!!

iClarified - iPhone - How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Windows) [5.0.1]

iClarified - iPhone - How to Perform an Untethered Jailbreak of Your iPhone 4 (Mac) [5.0.1]

that might help you but phil's tutorial was spot on

Im still on 4.3.5 joilbroken. Whats my steps to update to 5.0.1 and jailbreak. Just upgrade to 5.0.1 straight away with itunes or do i have to un-jailbreak first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still on 4.3.5 joilbroken. Whats my steps to update to 5.0.1 and jailbreak. Just upgrade to 5.0.1 straight away with itunes or do i have to un-jailbreak first?

if you do not rely on unlock then upgrade in itunes to 5.0.1 (this will automatically un-jailbreak the device) then use redsn0w to un tether jailbreak your device as long as its not the iphone 4S or the ipad 2 as they use the A5 chip

OK I think I am jailbroke, cyndia loaded but... when i try to download anything from it it says POSIX socket is not connected or Hash slur mismatch or HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error. HELP !!!!!!

if you do not rely on unlock then upgrade in itunes to 5.0.1 (this will automatically un-jailbreak the device) then use redsn0w to un tether jailbreak your device as long as its not the iphone 4S or the ipad 2 as they use the A5 chip

Im on the iphone 4.. I dont rely on unlock no.. Any idea on which apps are ios5 compatible yet? Any threads about?

I was thinking of starting one, but all the usual apps work as we have had jailbreak for a while just not un tethered..

winterboard works, openSSH, sbsettings,terminal,barrel,3gUnrestrictor,infini dock/folders.

Just to name a few

I was thinking of starting one, but all the usual apps work as we have had jailbreak for a while just not un tethered..

winterboard works, openSSH, sbsettings,terminal,barrel,3gUnrestrictor,infini dock/folders.

Just to name a few

Would be a great idea to start one.. I use a few of the apps listed above so thats great to know main ones for me though are pop up blocker and lockdown pro or even any working replacement app that does the same job. Any news on these dya know? Done afew searches on the net but can never seem to find anything :(

I cant get infini dock/folders to work. which sources?

I have an iPhone 4 jailbroken with Sn0breeze...I just searched Cydia for "Corona 5.0.1 Untethered", installed it and voila, I have a Untethered Jailbroken iPhone 4...

new version was released today, check the dev team blog for details.

It's supposed to fix some error if you receive it you can jailbreak over the previous jailbreak just make sure you untick "install cydia"

I meant a app that I could download straight to iphone my iPhone isn't jailbreaked at all since I updated from 4.3.2