What's new

How To UNTETHER JAILBREAK iOS 5.0.1 iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1

after JB the phone crash all the time allmost when i dobbel klik on home button and close the apps :(

after JB the phone crash all the time allmost when i dobbel klik on home button and close the apps :(

if you are doing it right and for supported devices you should be fine. also make sure you use b3 redsn0w which is updated and has a few bug fixes.

what device are you trying to jailbreak?

is a Iphone 4, i have JB 2 times before (ios 4.1 and 4.3.3 i think it was) and have no problem. YEs i tok the B3, yesterday an now it crash again.

Last edited:
hi all i am a newbie at this i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with green pois0n nearly a year ago and never had a problem with it so if i am going to do 5.0.1 jailbreak should i update with i tunes then do the jailbreak.
also if i use greenp0ison for this am i right thinking that it is only a teatherd and have get cidia going and install corona.
or should i just wait just dont wont to screw my phone up
thanks and have a good new year all.

hi all i am a newbie at this i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with green pois0n nearly a year ago and never had a problem with it so if i am going to do 5.0.1 jailbreak should i update with i tunes then do the jailbreak.also if i use greenp0ison for this am i right thinking that it is only a teatherd and have get cidia going and install corona.or should i just wait just dont wont to screw my phone upthanks and have a good new year all.
First be sure and perform a backup of your phone via iTunes. Then update your phone to 5.0.1 via iTunes. Then use redsn0w v0.9.10b3 to Jailbreak and you're good to go... Untethered. :)

thank you for your quick reply i will go ahed and do that :)
have a good new year.

hi all i am a newbie at this i jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.2.1 with green pois0n nearly a year ago and never had a problem with it so if i am going to do 5.0.1 jailbreak should i update with i tunes then do the jailbreak.
also if i use greenp0ison for this am i right thinking that it is only a teatherd and have get cidia going and install corona.
or should i just wait just dont wont to screw my phone up
thanks and have a good new year all.

if you dont rely on unlock then just upgrade via itunes to 5.0.1 and then jailbreak using redsn0w http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

i dont need unlock anyway just updating with i tunes now i will post back with how things went for me.
and thanks for the link unleashed. i will use that.

i dont need unlock anyway just updating with i tunes now i will post back with how things went for me.
and thanks for the link unleashed. i will use that.

no worries! the files and everything you need are in the first post of the blog, just make sure its not a A5 device you are trying to jailbreak and you will be ok. (iphone 4S and the ipad 2) currently the two devices that are not supported

well wot can i say works sweet couldnt get dfu mode at first but all seems good thanks to you all

I just followed the instructions on the video got this message - 'NOTE: The jailbreak for this device is currently tethered.'

What's going on?
[COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]​
small-logo.png