What's new

4.2.8 jailbreak not working!!

Like iCrank said they wont just swap it for a new one because you want an earlier firmware. You'll have to make up some issue with it. Even then, the chances are slim that you'll get one with 4.2.8 or lower. My friend got his iPhone4 last week and it came with 4.2.10 pre-installed, he took it into Apple and said that it was making a rattling noise so they swapped it and the one they swapped it with also had 4.2.10.

Yeah, I do understand the chances are slim, but it's worth a shot I guess. Also I live in PA, way far east. The opposite end of where the epicenter of apple. I hope this factor helps me. And a couple months ago I got my iPod touch replaced with one that had 4.2.1. And thats way outdated. But ya never know I guess. Im preparing my self for 4.2.10. Ya know, to avoid a major dissapointment. I guess my chances aren't exactly 50/50, and are more like slim to none. And if my replacement foes come with 4.2.10 then I guess I'll have no choice to have a tethered JB. really hate it tho. I my self in particular like to do fresh reboots cuz it fixes minor annoyances sometimes. But I guess respringing can fix them sometimes too. Not all the time tho. Sometimes ya just gotta reboot.lol

Pray For Me?:(
we will

yeah, i do understand the chances are slim, but it's worth a shot i guess. Also i live in pa, way far east. The opposite end of where the epicenter of apple. I hope this factor helps me. And a couple months ago i got my ipod touch replaced with one that had 4.2.1. And thats way outdated. But ya never know i guess. Im preparing my self for 4.2.10. Ya know, to avoid a major dissapointment. I guess my chances aren't exactly 50/50, and are more like slim to none. And if my replacement foes come with 4.2.10 then i guess i'll have no choice to have a tethered jb. Really hate it tho. I my self in particular like to do fresh reboots cuz it fixes minor annoyances sometimes. But i guess respringing can fix them sometimes too. Not all the time tho. Sometimes ya just gotta reboot.lol

pray for me?:(
we will

thanks!!!!!:)

Youre welcome

i couldnt really find a place to put this but can you tell me where i can find out how to put information that you have like this>iPhone4 16GB 4.2.8 (snowBreeze) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook :iphone4horiz:
District of Columbia/Maryland
Forum Rules Here *Moderator for ipf.net*n

at the bottom of my post? so to help save time in getting help from others as they will already know what I'm working with?

i just cant figure it out.

Youre welcome

i couldnt really find a place to put this but can you tell me where i can find out how to put information that you have like this>iPhone4 16GB 4.2.8 (snowBreeze) | iPad 64GB Wifi/3G 4.3.2 (redsn0w) | 13in White Macbook :iphone4horiz:
District of Columbia/Maryland
Forum Rules Here *Moderator for ipf.net*n

at the bottom of my post? so to help save time in getting help from others as they will already know what I'm working with?

i just cant figure it out.
is it done in "add album"?

It's a signature. Go into "UserCP" in the main toolbar at the top of the Site, then choose "Edit Signature". But... PLEASE make sure you read our rules about signatures before you create one. You can link through to the main rules by following the hacking section rules link in my sig!

It's a signature. Go into "UserCP" in the main toolbar at the top of the Site, then choose "Edit Signature". But... PLEASE make sure you read our rules about signatures before you create one. You can link through to the main rules by following the hacking section rules link in my sig!
Okay cool. Thanks. Appreciate just wanna put my device and firmware. Dats all. Appreciate. and consider the rules read:)

Last edited:
zig9449 said:
Can you guys beleive it?! I got my iPhone yesterday and it came with flippin iOS 4.2.6! I am still wondering how this is even possible.

Wow. Congrats. Lol 

zig9449 said:
Can you guys beleive it?! I got my iPhone yesterday and it came with flippin iOS 4.2.6! I am still wondering how this is even possible.

Wow. Congrats. Lol 
Well thank you, Except there is one little problem. Well its kind of a big problem actually. my battery drains crazy fast. in 10 hours from a topped off 100% charge, it is now at 15%. I am guessing this is because it was sitting on the shelf for nearly 6 months. I looked up the serial number and it was manufactured February 7th!

And it charges like, really really fast, which I have learned is a sure sign of a bad battery. sucks

Last edited:
zig9449 said:
Ya I know.lol. I did this with my iPod twice in one month cuz I got suck in DFU loop and was forced to upgrade. All it was kinda funny the second time cuz I said my battery was draining faster than my friends iPod. They theory restored it. There was about 40% battery when I went in. I was pissed they didnt replace so I went outside and walked around downloading apps and deleting them nonstop til battery was really low. Did this for a half hour. Then went back like "hey guy my battery went from 56% to 18% in a half hour, just wanted to double check that's normal or not." needless to say he gsve me my replacement with 4.3.3. I was really hoping for 4.2.1 but *moderated there was no way I was doing that again. Felt like an *moderated* the first time. It worked tho. I guess all the frustration dealing with the stupid earlier versions of iFaith and getting stuck in DFU loop, and having upgrade pissed me off so bad I went rite to the apple store. Had I not been so pissed and frustrated I proly never would have done it.lol. But I guess I'm glad I did. Stupid firmware restrictions. Screw them.

*Moderated*

Please watch your language. Profanity is against forum rules.

IPhoneforum.net Rules

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-rules-please-read-3711/

Youre welcome

Do you live in a small town? The Apple/Verizon stores around my house have been dishing out 4.2.10 for weeks now.

I ordered my iphone from the verizon website. Thats why its so hard to beleive!

But I do live in a small town, If I were to go to the verizon store near my house I would be very confident that they would have old firmwares cuz the iPhone sales around here have to be minimal at most.

I ordered my iphone from the verizon website. Thats why its so hard to beleive!

But I do live in a small town, If I were to go to the verizon store near my house I would be very confident that they would have old firmwares cuz the iPhone sales around here have to be minimal at most.

Ok, that makes sense then. Verizon has a HUGE inventory of iPhones in their warehouse for online orders. It is likely that much of their stock is between 4.2.6-4.2.8, if you would have got it from a Verizon store or an Apple store it would have been much more surprising.