What's new

You think Verizon is going to care about how much data my buddy uses?

XDRoX

Reaction score
My buddy just got an iPhone 5 recently on an unlimited plan. He checked his data for this month and this is how much he's used. You think Verizon is going to say anything?

875ae1f23e2b4f81121a597810639a22_zps2e7b54d6.jpg

15GB+.... means he's constantly streaming video or tethering a laptop. If Verizon doesn't allow either/or... then he'll mostly likely get an email regarding the usage.

Yeah, I actually had loaned a female friend of mine my old Verizon, Droid phone, & had Verizon not been paying attention we would have had to pay all of the $600.00 in Data (when she split town saying the phone was stolen) fees that she racked up by using "10g" of Data in a 6 day period of time!! Verizon said that to rack up that amount of data, was almost obscene, and that she was streaming YouTube videos round the clock for those six days!!

Your not going to get caught or notified by Verizon. Ive used over 15 GB a month each month for awhile and zero problems while tethering to numerous laptops at once. Now if it was AT&T then most likely yes an email of notifications of would be sent.

I hit 41 Gigs last month

This month I'm over 30

But I do pay $30 extra a month for unlimited use of the hotspot feature

So, I wouldn't worry too much

$image-721935961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

That's just insane man. 41 GB?!?!? Is that your primary Internet connect?

That's just insane man. 41 GB?!?!? Is that your primary Internet connect?

Yes, i live on my sailboat, and the hotspot basically gets used for everything

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

As long as the data usage is consistent, Verizon won't flag it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Nope. I hade the same question a few weeks ago and used about 21gb last month. Not 1 peep from verizon but from what everyone says the more people who get lte plans the more they will care lol.