What's new

Worth upgrade from 4s to 5 or wait?

nufan

Reaction score
My contract with sprint as been up for a few months now. I can join my girlfriends plan with Verizon and lower my bill about $25 a month or I could stay whith sprint and my unlimited data and wait and see what the next gen iPhone brings.
I don't use that much data cause I'm usally hooked to wifi.

If it was one of you, would you wait and see what apple comes out with next or take the current trade for the 4s (~$170) and get the iPhone 5 for $30 and switch?

Thanks

I do not see why you should switch at least now ...my entire family(3 adult children and their spouses) have iPhones 4s and I do not see what my 5 does any better ... In fact I'm sorry I did not get another Android ...

I'd wait

Bob G

if you arent into getting the "latest and greatest" then wait til the next Gen comes out i got my i5 because best buy was taking trade-in's so i took the opportunity and got me a i5

If you don't use much data, then definitely wait. The main benefit of the 5 over the 4S, especially on Verizon, is LTE. The screen is a bit bigger and brighter, it's slightly thinner, the camera is a bit faster (well everything is a bit faster), you can snap pics while shooting a video... can't think of many other differences. The 5 might get more iOS 7 features than the 4S, but then if you're waiting a few months for the 5S (or whatever), that will obviously have the latest/greatest software anyway.

OR, you could find a used 4S for Verizon, sell your Sprint 4S to cover (or even trade with someone wanting to move to Sprint), and get the best of both worlds. Your new line with your girlfriend's Verizon account would have an upgrade waiting to be used when the 5S is released, you'd save the $30/month, etc.

What jnt_ip said is about perfect. I have the 5 noe but if I was in your situation I'd wait for the 5S to come out before upgrading.

Although, I upgraded solely to get the 4G speed and that alone was worth it for me. I'm on verizon and upgraded from the 4 to the 5 when the 5 was released.

In terms of iOS 7 potential upgrades, there won't be any limitations between the 5 and the 4S except for hardware differences. The only real difference between the 5 and the 4S are hardware changes, the second being 4G/LTE. Whatever iOS 7 has in store for the 5, the 4S will have just the same. The 4S in itself isn't a bad device in all respects, and it'll most likely replace the 3GS in terms of longevity in iOS support.

The 5S compared to the 5 is just another hardware change. Better camera, slightly faster processor(?), but definitely slightly more RAM and a better resolution, that'll be about it. You can wait til about June/July for any definitive news and features of the 5S before deciding, but honestly from a consumer point of view, it's just another hype to go after. The 5 compared to the 4S is obviously a nice upgrade and such, so you're basically comparing the 5 and 5S, which is just slightly faster in speed and another megapixel or 2 slapped onto an already swell camera.

I have an iPhone 5 and love it however its always the same story iPhone 4 was a new phone but iOS almost nothing really new. Than with the iPhone 4S we got Siri. So than iPhone 5 came out and still no need to upgrade so I am getting iPhone 6 because I am in the cycle otherwise would go for the iPhone 5s if its really coming!

The galaxy s4 is a good phone or better awesome so could be we see something new. Because apple need to keep up with Samsung

Same here. My upgrade is 2014. So I will be waiting for the 6!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I have an iPhone 5 and love it however its always the same story iPhone 4 was a new phone but iOS almost nothing really new. Than with the iPhone 4S we got Siri. So than iPhone 5 came out and still no need to upgrade so I am getting iPhone 6 because I am in the cycle otherwise would go for the iPhone 5s if its really coming!

The galaxy s4 is a good phone or better awesome so could be we see something new. Because apple need to keep up with Samsung

There's a lot of hype about the s4. Iv never been to impressed with the galaxy s line I had the S and played around with the others from friends and store phones and like I said wasn't impressed APPLE ALL DAY! Lol

I use to have a 4s which is still a good phone, but I prefer my 5 because it is faster, and it have a bigger screen. LTE is amazing

Last edited:
The iPhone is faster but that would be the only reason to upgrade I am sure the new iPhones getting a bigger screen because of a bigger battery and they need more space for the processor. That's the reason why phones getting bigger.

I love my iPhone 5 because of its size!

iPhone 5 is an easy choice for me because the screen size, iPhones prior are a little too small! I like my screen between 4 and 4.3 inches for easy viewing. It's not that much faster the 4s but another thing is the screen is actually more vibrant and warm with colors! Lastly Lte is nice IF your in an area. I'm on t mobile and I went from about 3 to 4 mb download speed on 4s all the way up to about 25 to 30 mb download on the 5! Anything web related is a snap.

-Lex

Attachments

• $image-3634185931.jpg
    $image-3634185931.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 540
Sorry if I start any off topic. Just now read details about iphone5 and Lenovo K900. Which would be best one? After visiting this site ***** I am really impressed about Lenovo K900. Its ultra thin stainless chassis and design really impressed me. One more thing, its camera, 13 mp camera could take multi shot with in second? Huuuh!

Last edited by a moderator:
The K900 is already a very promising device. Lenovo definitely outdid themselves with the K900. Very sleek, simple, and packs a really big punch. For Android users, it's definitely something to look at when considering your next phone if you're interested in Lenovo products.