What's new

Would jailbreaking slow my iPhone 4 down?

jake872

Reaction score
I know things like Winterboard could really slow it down, but the only Cydia app I want is MyWi. If this is the only app I get, would my iPhone 4 still be amazingly fast?

I know things like Winterboard could really slow it down, but the only Cydia app I want is MyWi. If this is the only app I get, would my iPhone 4 still be amazingly fast?

I have winterboard and other process heavy tweaks running and my iP4 is as fast as it was when I got it out of the box.

Just try it... if you dont like it just restore back to official

well it wont necessarily slow your phone down, but it might slow some processes down like opening applications, and running games, or may cause it to freeze, just speaking form experience

Just being jailbroken doesnt slow your phone down in itself. Just mywi? Maybe a little when activated but probably still not noticable. And if not activated then your phone should still run fast. On the 3gs, i was able to tell the difference in speed/battery just when i was using winterboard. Now i have that plus many more tweaks activated on my ip4 and i still dont notice a decrease in speed. Battery yes but speed decrease no.

I havent noticed any difference with the speed, feels the same to me. On the battery issue, this is true if you over tweak and have lots of stuff running but its not as bad as other peeps have made out

Just being jailbroken doesnt slow your phone down in itself. Just mywi? Maybe a little when activated but probably still not noticable. And if not activated then your phone should still run fast. On the 3gs, i was able to tell the difference in speed/battery just when i was using winterboard. Now i have that plus many more tweaks activated on my ip4 and i still dont notice a decrease in speed. Battery yes but speed decrease no.

I would expect a decrease in speed while the app was running, but as long as it doesn't effect it while the app isn't in use, I'll go ahead and do it. Thanks.

Ive noticed my safari runs a tad bit slower but everything else is just as fast as the day I got the phone. Jailbreak your phone, you wont regret it.