What's new

Should I jailbreak my 3GS?

fabytm

Reaction score
I know most of the cons and pros of jailbreaking, I've been jailbroken twice in the past but now I am stock.I want to jailbreak again, but I want to ask you some questions:

-if I install winterboard with a theme, sbsettings and some other apps/tweaks(not alot) will it dramatically slow down my iPhone 3GS(8GB) or reduce it's battery life by alot?Now I have usually between 20-40% of battery at the end of the day.
-I heard there are some issues with FaceIT(facetime for 3GS).Is that right?I heard, that if you uninstall it your iPhone will no longer boot up.
-would I still be able to get viruses if I don't use OpenSSH?I know the pass is alpine but can other people log into my iPhone even if I don't have that app installed?
-also, if I have problems with it, I can DFU restore and Apple/my carrier won't know that I ever jailbroke, right?

Now, last time I jailbroke I didn't see a drastic impact on the performance, maybe when I was installing apps from the AppStore, but nothing else(games were still fluent etc.).

Thank you in advance guys!

I've read that thread but still didn't find the answer to the 3rd question.Can somebody log into my phone even without OpenSSH?And one more questions:
-on 4.3.1 redsn0w jb I couldn't see battery usage in settings, was that fixed?

I've read that thread but still didn't find the answer to the 3rd question.Can somebody log into my phone even without OpenSSH?And one more questions:

sorry i was not clear in my post i did mention openSSH

that is why i mentioned that you should change the password with terminal because people could log in to your phone if you leave the default alpine one.. so its more secure using your own password that i can explain how to change the pass if you decide to use it. plus using sbsettings you can leave openSSH off easily when your not using it

not sure about your second question what you mean but i am sure some one else here will do

It's trange that battery usage is not showing in settings. I would reinstall the iOS to see if it fix that missing information in settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After I restored my iPhone, it did show the stats.Hope it won't disappear after I will jb today.if someone has a 3GS and knows if faceIT problems are still existing, then please let me know cause I don't want to restore because of it.

Thank you guys!

One more question that I forgot to mention:
-last time I jail broke I used infinifolders and opening a folder was sloooow.If I don't use infinifolders do you think it will be as fas as usual?

One more question that I forgot to mention:
-last time I jail broke I used infinifolders and opening a folder was sloooow.If I don't use infinifolders do you think it will be as fas as usual?

its fast when you use it as well. just dont over load it, i have about 5 extra files then it officially allows and it works perfectly