What's new

iOS 5.0.1 Slow and Lggy on iPhone 4

shahzadashraf30

Reaction score
today i updated my iPhone 4 with a CFW (iOS 5.0.1 /BB preserved).
CFW was made with snowbreeze and was tethered so after update i unthered it with corona 5.0.1 untethered but now facing kinda weired problem.
if i reboot my iDevice it take a hell of a time to reboot like 3 to 5 min. after booting specialy in sms its bit legy and slow. takes a bit of time to jump to text messeging, sending or anythng else. i noticed that my Idevice is bit slow as compared to it was on 4.0.1.
advice me what should i do.

CFW was made with snowbreeze and was tethered so after update i unthered it with corona 5.0.1 untethered but now facing kinda weired problem.
if i reboot my iDevice it take a hell of a time to reboot like 3 to 5 min. after booting specialy in sms its bit legy and slow. takes a bit of time to jump to text messeging, sending or anythng else. i noticed that my Idevice is bit slow as compared to it was on 4.0.1.

I had the same issue and others with Corona package. I ended restoring a fresh 5.0.1 in Itunes and doing the Jailbreak completely through Redsnow. All problem solved!

Do you, by any chance, have scramble with friends on your phone? That game makes my phone suck at life.

I had the same issue and others with Corona package. I ended restoring a fresh 5.0.1 in Itunes and doing the Jailbreak completely through Redsnow. All problem solved!
i was advised here to stay away from redsnow coz i wanted to preserve my baseband to use ultrasnow unlock. i have made a CFW preserving BB on latest redsnow but im not sure ; shud i go on coz unlike snowbreeze, redsnow didnt given an option to hactivate iphone (i dnt hv official sim anymore). so fresh restore is gud option but it might get my iphone's BB updated. ADVISE

I also have 4.01 . And baseband 1.59. I am debating of updating now finally as it may be the last chance for awhile. Is it worth preserving the baseband?

To hacktivate with redsn0w you just jailbreak
ok so you mean to say that first i update iphone 4 with CFW created with redsnow (NO BB) than jailbreak it than hactivate it using redsnow or SAM?

shahzadashraf30 said:

I would suggest re-doing the process.

You should restore and SETUP AS NEW in order for issues from previous jailbreaks to not carry over.
I would stay away from snowbreeze, use redsn0w 0.9.10b3 to create a custom ipsw and jailbreak/hacktivate. It is a lot better.

And after hacktivation, do not restore from backup. Just setup as new and then sync your Apps and data back to the phone.

i got ur piont. but without restoring from backup i wont be able to get my contacts and text back on iDevice. Normal Syncing don't sync back the texts ad contatcts. rite?

i got ur piont. but without restoring from backup i wont be able to get my contacts and text back on iDevice. Normal Syncing don't sync back the texts ad contatcts. rite?
If you have your contacts in outlook or in iCloud or in your emails accounts, syncing your iPhone to iTunes will bring back those contacts, as for the sms, you can't get them back anymore unless you restore that backup file and forward your sms to your mail account.

shahzadashraf30 said:

Easiest way for contacts is to download MyContacts Backup from AppStore. It makes a little vcf file that you email to yourself and then you can restore by opening that email and clicking on the attachment.

The other way is through icloud like our friend says. As for the texts its a bit trickier