What's new

Jailbreak iPhone 4

Country_2099

Reaction score
I am not good at doing any of this unlocking and jailbreaking. Actually I'm really nervous about it but want to put mywi on the phone so I need some help unlocking and jailbreaking my phone. I have the 4.0.2 version and firmwall 01.59.00. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Wow you are one of the lucky few iPhone4 users that still has an unlockable baseband. Firstly, I must stress that you should NEVER update your firmware in iTunes, at least not normally. If you update in iTunes your baseband will be upgraded and a software unlock will not be possible.

Since you arent jailbroken currently I would assume that you don't have any SHSH keys saved, so your best bet is to just jailbreak your current firmware 4.0.2 which you can do using Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5.

After jailbreaking with Redsn0w just go into Cydia and type in Ultrasn0w and download and install Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 and you will be unlocked! That's all there is to it!

Just remember NEVER UPDATE NORMALLY through iTunes. In the future like when you want to upgrade to iOS5 when it is released, you should wait for sn0wbreeze or Pwnage Tool to be updated to support iOS5. If you restore a custom firmware created using one of those tools, your baseband will be preserved.

As soon as you have done the jailbreak you should also use ifaith to backup your shsh blobs so if you do need to restore at anytime you can restore to your current firmware.Downloadable from iH8sn0w.com

I tried your suggestion about jail breaking and I couldn't get it to work. It was talking about a PITA and I don't know what that is.