What's new

woud you buy an iPhone 5 now or wait?

i was in the same situation. just yesterday i decided to pull the trigget on the 5. originally was gona wait for the 5s. but when the 5s is released, its not even gauranteed that i will be able to get it due to demand, etc. what i did was go on craigslist and found a new iphone 32gig for an awesome price. when the 5s comes out and if i like it, i could always sell the 5 and get back most, if not, all of my money. but for now, i am happy i took the plundge. YOLO =]

i was in the same situation. just yesterday i decided to pull the trigget on the 5. originally was gona wait for the 5s. but when the 5s is released, its not even gauranteed that i will be able to get it due to demand, etc. what i did was go on craigslist and found a new iphone 32gig for an awesome price. when the 5s comes out and if i like it, i could always sell the 5 and get back most, if not, all of my money. but for now, i am happy i took the plundge. YOLO =]
How do you get a new iP5 on Craigslist for the $199/$299/$399 pricing? I thought you had to go thru the stores for that. Or did you pay closer to the no contract fees!

i paid closer to no contract fee's. i said i got a good deal, not that it was the 199/299/399 pricing. if you must know, i was able to get a brand new unlocked verizon 32gig white for 600 flat, no taxes :]

i paid closer to no contract fee's. i said i got a good deal, not that it was the 199/299/399 pricing. if you must know, i was able to get a brand new unlocked verizon 32gig white for 600 flat, no taxes :]
Understood. Thanks. That IS a great price for unlocked. And you will get close to that when you sell too.

I don't know why I've never asked this before - but can I assume that other phone manufacturers have the same pricing structures? Like if you want a Galaxy S3, no contract - does it also cost around $600-$800 depending on the storage?

Who says the 5S (or whatever the next gen. iPhone is called) will be available in May/June?
exactly,you might be waiting until September/October,waiting isn't a good idea IMO.

exactly,you might be waiting until September/October,waiting isn't a good idea IMO.
MacRumors has never missed this particular prediction. That's why I'm banking on it. What's frustrating is that we'll have likely had the jailbreak for 6.1 since only March / then the new phone will come out... :(

Understood. Thanks. That IS a great price for unlocked. And you will get close to that when you sell too.

I don't know why I've never asked this before - but can I assume that other phone manufacturers have the same pricing structures? Like if you want a Galaxy S3, no contract - does it also cost around $600-$800 depending on the storage?

yes, but android phone prices drop in value. if u go to the store they will probably charge u retail (600-800). if u look on ebay, u can probably get it for 500 or less

yes, but android phone prices drop in value. if u go to the store they will probably charge u retail (600-800). if u look on ebay, u can probably get it for 500 or less
Well you can see that same price drop with iPhones as well on eBay; but they're "used". Are you saying that with brand-new android phones on eBay that lower price is for a new phone? Is that the difference you're referring to for an unlocked android phone on eBay?

Good decision to go ahead and buy instead of playing the waiting game!

Well you can see that same price drop with iPhones as well on eBay; but they're "used". Are you saying that with brand-new android phones on eBay that lower price is for a new phone? Is that the difference you're referring to for an unlocked android phone on eBay?

You can def find new android phones for like 200 less then the retail price at stores.

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk

I'm really in joying my iPhone 5. I've missed the awesome games, the accessories that are available, battery life is better than my new/ now old windows phone. I bought mine new out right from best buy. Yes I paid a lil more than one off eBay but I did it for two reasons. 1 the ones on eBay were only $50 cheaper, bc I wanted new in box no scratches. 2 I have a best buy credit card so I used it with special financing. Then I sold my windows phone and old android, with those to gone I'm only in my iPhone for $145. :)

Since I have 4s, i see no reason to buy iPhone 5. Specially I don't like the bug on iPhone 5 with screen scrolling. Eventually they will solve these problem on iPhone 5S.

Last edited:
Just bought the iPhone 5 for my wife. What a phenonominal phone. Go and get it!!

Since I have 4s, i see no reason to buy iPhone 5. Specially I don't like the bug on iPhone 5 with screen scrolling. Eventually they will solve these problem on iPhone 5S.
What bug? I have no Screen scrolling bug on my iPhone 5 at all.