What's new

will you get the new iphone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not right away... And if it's 500$ NO. why bother when iPhone 4s and even iPhone 4 works perfect plus allll the gadgets I have FOR the iPhone 4 models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not right away... And if it's 500$ NO. why bother when iPhone 4s and even iPhone 4 works perfect ............
It's never about it working the same as your current iPhone. It's about what new features will be added, screen size, power of new processor. People don't get new iPhones because their current one "doesn't work anymore". lol.. They get it because it offers something "more". The iPhone 5 will be half again as much power and features when compared to the 4s from what I'm reading. The two won't even be in the same league (well, that could be overstatement -rofl).

And the only reason to pay $500+ for it would be to not have to sign another 2 year contract with AT&T or Verizon or Sprint since there are so many more companies out now offering LTE speeds with unlimited talk/text/data for around $45/month. I'm going to pay retail price for my iPhone 5 this time - because the difference in price upfront will pay for itself not far into the new year after I switch from AT&T. AT&T and Verizon, knowing this, are coming out with cheaper more all inclusive plans with unlimited and more share options - but I don't think they can beat other prices I'm seeing with the smaller companies.

True lol I grabbed two iPhones when one was enough:---)
And true lol I may just grab the iPhone 5.. I'm excited!
I just love my phone now... I think it's partly cause I bought sooo many gadgets for it(mophie, lifeproof,endless cases speakers etc) but we can still utilize the music devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent my Samsung Galaxy S3 back to eBay for a full refund to get the iPhone 5. I got tired of how dark & unpolished Android is. Plus the S3 feels soo cheap & the fact that the screen uses pentiles which is like having a low Res screen. My plan is to pay the retail price of $650 & use straight talk. Sounds good?

I sent my Samsung Galaxy S3 back to eBay for a full refund to get the iPhone 5. I got tired of how dark & unpolished Android is. Plus the S3 feels soo cheap & the fact that the screen uses pentiles which is like having a low Res screen. My plan is to pay the retail price of $650 & use straight talk. Sounds good?
That's exactly where I'm headed. No more contracts. Just be careful of a little known fact about StraightTalk - they actually completely cut your data off - beyond 2GB. In the fine print on their site. So they don't "really" offer Unlimited like they claim in the advertisements. Even with watching an occasional Netflix episode of something I never get beyond 1.5Gb of data in my heaviest months. So I'm not worried. And may still go with StraightTalk.

AT&T finally came out with something competitive which allows shared data now at 4GB, 6GB and 10GB. The 6GB shared data came out to the exact price as the 4GB since there were 5 phones on my plan. They still use the idea of an "anchor phone number" (one of the phones in the group) that pays a base price and then the other phones are less. But all their new plans are unlimited (true sense of that word) Talk and Text. And then you just pick a data plan. No throttling ever. So for now I'm still with AT&T. But I really want an unlocked phone for some European traveling I do.

cherryhesh said:
That's exactly where I'm headed. No more contracts. Just be careful of a little known fact about StraightTalk - they actually completely cut your data off - beyond 2GB. In the fine print on their site. So they don't "really" offer Unlimited like they claim in the advertisements. Even with watching an occasional Netflix episode of something I never get beyond 1.5Gb of data in my heaviest months. So I'm not worried. And may still go with StraightTalk.

AT&T finally came out with something competitive which allows shared data now at 4GB, 6GB and 10GB. The 6GB shared data came out to the exact price as the 4GB since there were 5 phones on my plan. They still use the idea of an "anchor phone number" (one of the phones in the group) that pays a base price and then the other phones are less. But all their new plans are unlimited (true sense of that word) Talk and Text. And then you just pick a data plan. No throttling ever. So for now I'm still with AT&T. But I really want an unlocked phone for some European traveling I do.

The 450 voice minutes are $40 with AT&T which is only $5 less then straight talk. But then you have to add unlimited text then data soon it's still a win win. Plus I have wifi so I won't use much data.

The 450 voice minutes are $40 with AT&T which is only $5 less then straight talk. But then you have to add unlimited text then data soon it's still a win win. Plus I have wifi so I won't use much data.
If data is no issue - then AT&T is fine. Also the plan I outlined was unlimited talk and text. AT&T just starting selling, 2 weeks ago, all inclusive unlimited talk and txt plans for competitive rates. Just pick level of data from 1GB to 10GB that you think you'll need. Family plans also based on this.

imnew2ios said:

Wow you're complaining about the s3 screen!! Talk about high standards. What you need is an igzo screen!

Definitely Yes.. But it all depends on how apple surprises the crowd which is already very impressed with Galaxy big screens and performance. If there is anything short which was already provided by Samsung, Tim cook should really consider taking cash out of this account :)

ipadoriginal said:
Wow you're complaining about the s3 screen!! Talk about high standards. What you need is an igzo screen!

Do you have a galaxy s 3? I owned one for two weeks... in the store the screen had that wow factor... but the screen appeared uglier everyday that went by... Amoled isn't ready for prime time use... it has so many issues. First it can't display accurate whites, it's either blue or yellow. Have you seen pentiles before? It's called "pentile " for a reason... it looks like blocks of tile with black grout literally! My cousin who has an iphone 4 with the retina screen looked at my screen & said" eww you need to take this back asap"!!!!!

Last edited:
i doubt i get it, hopefully the design doesn't change too much cause I like the iphone's current design. If it goes back to the curved back like it used to be, i'm definitely not getting it, and from what i've been reading it may be thinner than it's current design(but you can't trust rumors). I'm very satisfied with my 4s, i kno that iOS6 is gonna be great, so i'll just wait on that. But who knows, the design may turn out great, so until then.......

im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one... verizon told me if i upgrade ill lose all of my grandfathered in perks which im completely disappointed in ive spent too many years and too much money on verizon for them to treat their customers like this...

in regards to a phone im not a fan of android at all yes the s3 is a beautiful flashy phone but the truth is it feels quite cheap in your hands after a while and the screen is dim (in my opinion)... i feel like android has too many bugs and i dont have to deal with that nonsense with an iphone...

in regards to the iphone im excited to FINALLY see a new(er) model, im anxious to see the renovations etc. on the downside, if all of these rumors that we have been hearing come out to be truthful then how in the world can apple wow us?!

now let me rant on about the rumors... if the new dock port truly is changing from the usual 30 pin connector to a 9 pin micro one, im torn. on the positive side, id be happy because in case i forget my charger somewhere i dont have to worry about no one being able to help me out. except for my sister, nephew and one friend, everyone else that i know have androids and they all use micro connector chargers. it really sucks being in that position where no one else has an iphone or its charger and im left with a dead phone! a longer screen would be a blessed revision in my book but it wouldnt hurt to widen the screen just a tad, too.

on the downside of all of these rumors theres a lot to talk about... the new 9 pin dock makes all of my 30 pin dock connector accessories utterly useless! my stereos, car audio, tv, chargers, etc are all incompatible for a new dock size. now apple could create a piece to fix that "little" problem BUT knowing apple, theyre going to charge $30 a piece!! supposedly the battery life will be improved greatly but i doubt that it is going to extend to data and gaming usage.

Iwish I could upgrade but I can't till sometime next year since I just started a 2 year agreement this past febuary. So I might try to get the iphone 6.

poeticvibez07 said:
im kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one... verizon told me if i upgrade ill lose all of my grandfathered in perks which im completely disappointed in ive spent too many years and too much money on verizon for them to treat their customers like this...

in regards to a phone im not a fan of android at all yes the s3 is a beautiful flashy phone but the truth is it feels quite cheap in your hands after a while and the screen is dim (in my opinion)... i feel like android has too many bugs and i dont have to deal with that nonsense with an iphone...

in regards to the iphone im excited to FINALLY see a new(er) model, im anxious to see the renovations etc. on the downside, if all of these rumors that we have been hearing come out to be truthful then how in the world can apple wow us?!

now let me rant on about the rumors... if the new dock port truly is changing from the usual 30 pin connector to a 9 pin micro one, im torn. on the positive side, id be happy because in case i forget my charger somewhere i dont have to worry about no one being able to help me out. except for my sister, nephew and one friend, everyone else that i know have androids and they all use micro connector chargers. it really sucks being in that position where no one else has an iphone or its charger and im left with a dead phone! a longer screen would be a blessed revision in my book but it wouldnt hurt to widen the screen just a tad, too.

on the downside of all of these rumors theres a lot to talk about... the new 9 pin dock makes all of my 30 pin dock connector accessories utterly useless! my stereos, car audio, tv, chargers, etc are all incompatible for a new dock size. now apple could create a piece to fix that "little" problem BUT knowing apple, theyre going to charge $30 a piece!! supposedly the battery life will be improved greatly but i doubt that it is going to extend to data and gaming usage.

I could'nt agree more about the S3, it doesn't feel like a $650 phone. The screen looks horrible first the pentiles are a pain to look at & whites are either yellow or blue. Amoled has some work to be done. I sold mines and haven't looked back, im patiently waiting on my iPhone 5.

imnew2ios said:
I could'nt agree more about the S3, it doesn't feel like a $650 phone. The screen looks horrible first the pentiles are a pain to look at & whites are either yellow or blue. Amoled has some work to be done. I sold mines and haven't looked back, im patiently waiting on my iPhone 5.

my iphone is constantly freezing now and the buttons arent working effectively which this has conveniently occurred since the new model is right around the corner BUT if the iphone 5 just turns out to be another iphone 4s despite all of the rumors im going to have to look elsewhere... im game for a bigger screen, i could grudgingly get used to a micro dock but i really think apple should make some sort of rule for verizon and att and force them to provide better plans for iphone users

Status
Not open for further replies.