What's new

will you get the new iphone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwish I could upgrade but I can't till sometime next year since I just started a 2 year agreement this past febuary. So I might try to get the iphone 6.

probably the iphone 5S lol and a good time to get it as the design is the same but with better specs

i really think apple should make some sort of rule for verizon and att and force them to provide better plans for iphone users
You said a mouth full here, and I totally agree. I am one of the few who has AT&T's grandfathered unlimited data plan, and if I bought the next iPhone I wouldn't be abke to utilize facetime. Really disappointed.

GS3

I will have to wait until next week to see what Tim Cook says. These announcements are always exciting, but iOS 6 didn't wow me either. I was hoping for more functionality. I also hope Apple will unveil something totally different from the rumor mock ups. Last of all, if I decide to take the plunge I'm payig full retail price. So I will be out of about $800, got to add the Apple Care+.

But right now I'm really enjoying the freedoms that my Galaxy S III offers. It isn't as polished as iOS, but jellybean will put it on an even playing field as far that goes. I wish the screen was LCD tech though, it would have really made this phone better coupled with all the neat things you can do with the device straight out of box.

But back to the subject, we will see. But Apple will have to bring it this time. No more buying iPhones for me simply because Apple says its looks and performance are "amazing" or "mind boggling". And I've had all iPhones except the first one.

GS3

It will half to be more then a larger screen for me to buy off the bat... I'm really happy with the 4s so they will need to be a lot of different bells an whistles for me to buy now... I will probably give it sometime to make sure there isn't any problems with the device and then go from there... And like someone else stated I hope the body of the phone hasn't changed that much because I love everything about the look of the 4s...

I'm just gonna get a 4s when the 5 comes out because the price will drop. My 4 is getting so laggy lately. Plus I don't have an upgrade until August of next year so by that time I could just wait for the 5s.

p3unit32 said:
You said a mouth full here, and I totally agree. I am one of the few who has AT&T's grandfathered unlimited data plan, and if I bought the next iPhone I wouldn't be abke to utilize facetime. Really disappointed.

GS3

i left att because when the iphone 4 was released my contract was up so when i went to extend it and upgrade they told me that i couldnt upgrade to an iphone 4! so i switched to verizon and ive been w them ever since and i got grandfathered in with them with the unlimited plan too and theyre trying to change it all up now! im like damn maybe i should have stayed with att and then i heard what you just said on the news and i was like wow...

apple prides themselves on their products and one of their best selling product is their iphone in saying that and with it being basic knowledge now that phone carriers are all screwing with the iphones potential just so they can rake in the dollars is not fair! if i were tim cook i would seriously look into fixing that issue!

dear att whats the point of having an iphone if you cant facetime?! dear verizon and att stop overcharging for iphone plans! dear sprint if your customer service were better id be your next customer because youre apparently the only one doing something right

Chris951 said:
I'm just gonna get a 4s when the 5 comes out because the price will drop. My 4 is getting so laggy lately. Plus I don't have an upgrade until August of next year so by that time I could just wait for the 5s.

1 the prices have already dropped 2 it is my distinct opinion that everytime a new model is sbout to be released the previous models go haywire

1 the prices have already dropped 2 it is my distinct opinion that everytime a new model is sbout to be released the previous models go haywire

haywire in how far? they are a little bit left behind, thats true...

tim89 said:
haywire in how far? they are a little bit left behind, thats true...

ive had the iphone 3, 3gs, 4 and i didnt upgrade to the 4s because i saw no reason to BUT i started to notice an interesting trend that could be completely coincidental but i dont believe it is...

everytime a new model is about to be released the older models become very glitchy, start freezing, and in many ways become an android with an apple logo

im in the military and so communicate with my friends all over the nation and when im lucky around the world too i thought that maybe it was just my iphones that were doing this and then i spoke to others about it and they claimed the samething that i did

hell yeah...I'm going to buy right away on its release

i left att because when the iphone 4 was released my contract was up so when i went to extend it and upgrade they told me that i couldnt upgrade to an iphone 4! so i switched to verizon and ive been w them ever since and i got grandfathered in with them with the unlimited plan too and theyre trying to change it all up now! im like damn maybe i should have stayed with att and then i heard what you just said on the news and i was like wow...

apple prides themselves on their products and one of their best selling product is their iphone in saying that and with it being basic knowledge now that phone carriers are all screwing with the iphones potential just so they can rake in the dollars is not fair! if i were tim cook i would seriously look into fixing that issue!

dear att whats the point of having an iphone if you cant facetime?! dear verizon and att stop overcharging for iphone plans! dear sprint if your customer service were better id be your next customer because youre apparently the only one doing something right
What's all this talk of no FaceTime? All iPhones after 4 have FaceTime (on WiFi) regardless of data plan/contract type.

And going with Verizon is a better choice these days simply because of 4G LTE. AT&T still won't have very many new LTE cities by iPhone 5's release. Verizon has hundreds of LTE cities. iPhone 5 is a true LTE phone.

Last edited:
cherryhesh said:
If data is no issue - then AT&T is fine. Also the plan I outlined was unlimited talk and text. AT&T just starting selling, 2 weeks ago, all inclusive unlimited talk and txt plans for competitive rates. Just pick level of data from 1GB to 10GB that you think you'll need. Family plans also based on this.

Verizon has the same plan. Do these guys get together to decide what type of plans they will offer??? Ugh.

Sent from my Tricked Out Pink Hearts Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 Tethered to iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update iPF.net

if i get the next iphone( it must really wow me this time around or else im going to check out the nokia lumia 920) then im probably going to buy it outright and go with the go plan thing

Iwish I could upgrade but I can't till sometime next year since I just started a 2 year agreement this past febuary. So I might try to get the iphone 6.
I signed my contract on November 20 so I think I'm eligible sometime right around my birthday (May 2013). So I'm in the same boat, but I don't really care... my 4S is awesome.

probably the iphone 5S lol and a good time to get it as the design is the same but with better specs
That's a really good point.

The FaceTime issue is that unless u switch to one of the new plans then you won't be able to use FaceTime over the cellular network rather than just over wifi. Tryin to get people to give up their grandfathered plans...... But oh welll, I'm not switching over because FaceTime is not that serious of a deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.