What's new

will you get the new iphone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FaceTime issue is that unless u switch to one of the new plans then you won't be able to use FaceTime over the cellular network rather than just over wifi. Tryin to get people to give up their grandfathered plans...... But oh welll, I'm not switching over because FaceTime is not that serious of a deal for me.

I don't blame you. But it is unfair though. AT&T wants every penny they can get out of their subscribers, what a shame. But I'm hanging on to my grandfathered unlimited data plan as well.

GS3

ive had the iphone 3, 3gs, 4 and i didnt upgrade to the 4s because i saw no reason to BUT i started to notice an interesting trend that could be completely coincidental but i dont believe it is...

everytime a new model is about to be released the older models become very glitchy, start freezing, and in many ways become an android with an apple logo

im in the military and so communicate with my friends all over the nation and when im lucky around the world too i thought that maybe it was just my iphones that were doing this and then i spoke to others about it and they claimed the samething that i did

I don't believe this to be true at all. I have a 4 and it's not glitchy. Sure it lags sometimes but that's because its outdated and can't handle some apps very good because they're being optimized for newer iPhone models.

Chris951 said:
I don't believe this to be true at all. I have a 4 and it's not glitchy. Sure it lags sometimes but that's because its outdated and can't handle some apps very good because they're being optimized for newer iPhone models.

i wasnt referring to just app usage i was speaking in total usage and like i said its nothing proven just my own theory

The FaceTime issue is that unless u switch to one of the new plans then you won't be able to use FaceTime over the cellular network rather than just over wifi. Tryin to get people to give up their grandfathered plans...... But oh welll, I'm not switching over because FaceTime is not that serious of a deal for me.
Ah - so they're ADDING a feature (FaceTime over cellular) which we didn't have before -- GREAT!!! But they're not going to allow the "new" feature to work for people with their "old" data plans.

I didn't know about that - but I can understand their thinking business wise. How many of you with unlimited actually get anywhere near 3GB a month? And you know they throttle your device to half speed after you've topped 3GB on unlimited. So it's not true unlimited.

Even in a month I was never getting anywhere near 3GB even watching a couple of Netflix movies. And the one month I did - they throttled me - something you never want - slow.. So the newer prices are better. At 6GB shared with my family the price is better than the grandfathered unlimited - so I switched. With 4 iPhones on our family plan - two with teenagers - we, together barely top 3GB a month and we're heavy users.

The grandfathered plan will be gone by 5S... per what I hear. And you're locked out of true LTE with AT&T when you stay with grandfathered unlimited too. (Correct me on that one)...

If you consistently use more than 3 GB you're getting throttled with ATT. If you're well under that each month the newer plans are better priced. You should switch. The new plans also have unlimited calling which the old plans don't.

The FaceTime feature is pretty nice .... But my contract will be up for an upgrade and renewal at the first of the year... So if I keep liking all the newer features I might retire my 4S and go for it.... Can't wait to find out more day after tomorrow .... :)

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF.net

Status
Not open for further replies.