What's new

will you get the new iphone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my 4s about 3 weeks ago and now suddenly iphone 5 is being launched within the next month or so. If the rumors are true that it has a different connector (micro) whihc I wont be able to use with my docking stations at home and work then I will wait for an adaptor if one is available. My 4s is also JB and full of tweaks which is working great. The ios6 is being launched soon so my 4s might be worth hanging onto.

Your 4S will definitely be worth hanging onto. Apple have never made a product obsolete overnight with the introduction of new models. The original iPad, for example, is beginning to get less support and there have been two new models since it's introduction, but there are still users who feel no need to upgrade.

Even when your 4S is no longer useful as a phone, in 3 or 4 years, it will still make a decent mp3 player amongst other things. And the 30 pin connector is sure to be supported for years to come.

Your 4S will definitely be worth hanging onto. Apple have never made a product obsolete overnight with the introduction of new models. The original iPad, for example, is beginning to get less support and there have been two new models since it's introduction.

Even when your 4S is no longer useful as a phone, in 3 or 4 years, it will still make a decent mp3 player amongst other things. And the 30 pin connector is sure to be supported for years to come.

Agreed and well put.
Apple actually supports their "older" devices longer than anyone else I can think of. 2 whole years...
That's an eternity in tech years. Lol.

I am definately getting the iPhone 5 or whatever they're gonna call it :)
I have the money saved up alreadyx
xD

I won't buy one because I will not sign another contract with anyone, and off-contract it will be too expensive, but I'll consider buying someone's used 4S.

I'll be replacing my iPhone 4 for whatever is current at the end of my contract, whereupon my iPhone 4 will be stripped of apps, and filled up with music.

Can't see any reason to consider anything but Apple products, since the iPhone and iPad have worked well for me.

My thoughts exactly. Not going to rush out and get a new phone before my contract is up, but once it is, will definitely be looking for the newest model!

I'll have to wait and see what the hardware specs are on the new iPhone. If there is not much of a difference than I will not rush into anything, especially since I will not be up for renewal. Other factors would be if I can sell my 4s for a good amount and only have to put in a little money out of pocket.

If there is a new dock connector an if there is no adapter available at launch, I w9nt even consider it. I own two iphone dock radios and some other things which I don't plan to replace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

im sure i will,a larger screen and redesign is all it will take for me to get my money out.

djqwikcut said:
If there is a new dock connector an if there is no adapter available at launch, I w9nt even consider it. I own two iphone dock radios and some other things which I don't plan to replace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Me too!

I don't currently have an iPhone (I'll let you guess what I have). My contract expired in May but I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 to be released before I upgrade my phone. I fully expect to get an iPhone 5, unless they totally screw it up. But I don't think they'll screw it up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

wingzfan61 said:
Gonna hold out a bit for a few reasons. Currently Ive got a perfect working 4s and tons of accessories for it. I have somewhere around 30 cases (ive got an addiction i know) that wont be available at launch. The biggest issue I have is the new charge port. I wanna see if theres gonna be a way to adapt current docking stations to the new connector because Ive got a few pricey docks Im not ready to replace. Lastly, ive bought so many launch phones in the past and dealt with tons of bugs and issues that Im willing to wait a bit on this one.

I agree. Just got my 4S last Oct, and am happy with it. The new i5 would have to be truly revolutionary for me to upgrade. I figure I will wait and let everybody else test-fire it lol.

I agree. Just got my 4S last Oct, and am happy with it. The new i5 would have to be truly revolutionary for me to upgrade. I figure I will wait and let everybody else test-fire it lol.

just what i want to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.