What's new

Why Pages app keeps crashing?

iniesta

Reaction score
I have Pages 1.71 on my iPad 2 (5.1.1, jailbroken).

I was in the middle of taking some notes using Pages. There were no problems at first. But after i closed the app, i opened it again.

The pages welcome screen showed up as per normal. But when i try to select the document i wanted to edit, the app crashed.

I have tried exiting the app and closing it.

I've also tried turning my iPad on and off several times but to no avail.

It just keeps crashing whenever I choose the document.

What could be the reason for my Pages crashing please?

90% of fixing something is diagnosing what to fix. Try going into Settings=>General=>About=>Diagnostics & Usage=>Diagnostics & Usage Data. Review logs left there by iOS and apps, especially ones left at the time of app crash. Logs are not in conversational English, unfortunately. The logs will not tell you what to fix, but will indicate what happened if you can make some sense of them. Apple uses these to diagnose problems. Good luck.

iniesta said:
I have Pages 1.71 on my iPad 2 (5.1.1, jailbroken).

I was in the middle of taking some notes using Pages. There were no problems at first. But after i closed the app, i opened it again.

The pages welcome screen showed up as per normal. But when i try to select the document i wanted to edit, the app crashed.

I have tried exiting the app and closing it.

I've also tried turning my iPad on and off several times but to no avail.

It just keeps crashing whenever I choose the document.

What could be the reason for my Pages crashing please?

Did you install any new tweaks at the time Pages started acting up? One of those tweaks may not be compatible with your iPad, iOS, or the Pages app. If you installed any tweaks, try deleting them one by one until Pages starts operating correctly. You can then re-install the other tweaks. If this doesn't help, come back and we'll see what we can do.

iPhone Forums Moderator

No, I haven't installed any new tweaks. Can't really remember if i've updated any, though. Would updating some have created any incompatibility with Apple's Pages app? (Apple's word processing software for mac, iPad and iPhone, similar to microsoft word).

Tried going into the Diagnostics area in Settings, but i didn't really understand much of the coding.

Also tested out another of my Apple productivity apps - Keynote (Apple's presentation software, like microsoft powerpoint) - and that still seems to be working fine.

Update: it seems like the issue's to do with one specific document, not the whole Pages app. I tried opening some of my older files in pages, which i had not touched for some time, and i seemed to be able to open and edit them without any issue. But as for the document that i had just created, opening it causes pages to crash every time. Corrupt document.

Last edited: