What's new

FoldersInFolders keeps crashing

FAII

Reaction score
I think this is the right sub-forum. Please move the thread if it's in the wrong sub-forum.

I'm not sure, but I think it's what keeps happening. I'm on an iPod Touch 4 using firmware 4.2.1.

Every once in a while, FoldersInFolders will crash and every single folder, even those with no folders in them, will disappear (all apps will return to the Springboard. All of Apple's apps that were orignally present on the iTouch will be on the first page, the rest on pages 2 and up in alphabetical order).

One thing of note is that the original Utilities folder, with Clock, Calculator and Voice Memos, will be restored to the first page on the Springboard, despite me having filled it with more apps (and folders) than that. It's the only folder still standing after each crash.

This happens whenever:
* Springboard crashes (rare)
* Whenever I update an app through App Store while the app is inside a folder inside a folder (I haven't tried what happens when I try to update an app inside a single folder, though)
* Whenever the iTouch runs out of juice entirely
* Randomly for no apparent reason

Google gives me nothing (unless there's a parameter I'm missing with my searches). I'm thinking of switching to FolderEnhancer, but it has the same issues according to a Google hit.

Anyone have any idea on why this keeps happening? I'm running the following tweaks concurrently:
* FoldersInFolders
* InfiniFolders
* IconRenamer (when crashing, the apps will be arranged alphabetically according to their original names, not the names I ascribe to them through IconRenamer)
* All enhancements that come with Cydia by default

Last edited:
maybe having both foldersInFolders and Infinifolders is the problem i know if you use folderenhancer which i hear is the best of all the folder tweaks you are recommended to delete infinifolders

Someone else posted a thread on a nother forum about experiencing the same thing using Folder Enhancer without InfiniFolders. But I'll try deleting InfiniFolders and see what happens.

I have folder enhancer and I have the same problem I have a million apps and I hate constantly rearranging them did you ever find a fix for this?

I have folder enhancer and I have the same problem I have a million apps and I hate constantly rearranging them did you ever find a fix for this?

To avoid rearraging your icon manually every time something mess them up, get sbOrganizer from cydia, it rearrage automatically your icons the way they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have same problems

signature_iphone.jpg

I have this problem, and looking for help from developer. I use Springtomize ($3 instead of sbOrganize $1), but this does not return icon layout to save state until FoldersInFolders is removed. Springtomize also adds a boatload of other options.

I am sure this is caused by conflict with another tweak. Let me know if you come up with anything.