What's new

PLEASE HELP - App layout issue

kbphoto615

Reaction score
So here is what is going on:

I have an iPhone 4s, on IOS 5.1.1, latest jailbreak ( Absinthe 2.0 I believe )

Whenever I download any app that changes the icon layout in anyway, and I mean any app, such as Infinifolders, Infinidock, Iconoclasm, ect, the iPhone pushes my apps out of their folders, and then spreads them randomly across the phone. This is with ANY AND ALL icon layout apps such as the ones listed above. How the hell is this possible? What am I doing wrong, that is causing this issue?

To help explain the problem there is some screenshots below:

photo.png

photo2.png

4-11-20122-50-26PM.jpg

4-11-20122-50-08PM.jpg

And to explain the screenshots, what you're seeing are the iPhone view screenshots, and the iTunes view screenshots. The screenshots from iTunes is what iTunes sees on my iPhone. The screenshots from my iPhone are what actually happens when I sync my phone. I will add apps to folders in iTunes as people normally would, then I 'apply' the changes and sync the phone. As I am syncing the phone, I can physically see iTunes adding the apps randomly across my home pages on the iPhone, not in folders (how I originally arranged them in iTunes)

If you see on screenshot number 2 above, it has some random apps in folders? but on screenshot number 3 ( the iTunes view of page 2 ), you can see that iTunes shows no apps in any folders? WTF?? How is this possible? I mean I have a basic understanding of why it doesn't show cracked apps sometimes or tweaks, but I've uninstalled most tweaks.

No matter what I do, restore from backup, re-arrange apps, remove apps, add apps one at a time, it does not add/sync the apps properly. It just throws them randomly across my phone, and I have no idea why it's doing this.

If I uninstall or chose not to use any of the icon layout apps, then I do not run into the issue. But these apps are a major step in the themeing process, and I am very limited without being able to use them. I want to know WHY I seem to be the only one having this issue, and how I can fix it once and for all.

Thankyou for any help, and If a mod finds this more suited in a different section, please move it. I am looking for any knowledgable members to please give me some insight on this damned issue. :(

Again any advice would be much appreciated so thank-you in advance to anyone's time and help!

Cydia tweaks that mess with the icons and layout of the springboard don't play nice with iTunes.... I have never used iTunes to manipulate the icon layout on my iPhone....always done it manually...I have just over 50 apps loaded onto my iPhone currently....

74575af6.jpg

Cydia tweaks that mess with the icons and layout of the springboard don't play nice with iTunes.... I have never used iTunes to manipulate the icon layout on my iPhone....always done it manually...I have just over 50 apps loaded onto my iPhone currently....

74575af6.jpg

50 is nothing. haha but when I have kids that play on the phone, I have over 150 game apps alone. :S It gets very tiresome having to manually sort apps on the iphone, without the use of itunes. I suppose though that using those tweaks you must do it manually, I guess I just can't help but wonder if people with as many apps as me have found a way to do it aside from manually on the iphone itself.