What's new

How To Put Folders Inside Folders on iOS 8 with 'Nested Folders'

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
It should come as a surprise to all of us on why Apple allows us to have folders on iOS, but not folders inside of those folders. Jailbreak tweaks and bugs in the system have shown us before that it can be done and works almost flawlessly.

Nested Folders is a new Cydia Tweak that allows for better system organization. The tweak simply allows the user to create, or "nest", folders inside of folders on iOS 8 and iOS 8.1.

Cydia Tweaks in the past have shown that folks can make folders on the Homescreen/Springboard and then just add them into a folder just like any app. However this is not the case with Nested Folders and the only flaw, that's a bit of a non-issue. With Nested Folders, the user must first add the apps into an already created folder on the Homescreen, afterwards apps in that folder can be added into their very own folder. A pointless extra step, buy hey, it still works.

Whenever I Jailbreak a new device, one of the first things I like to do is create a single folder called "Apps" and then organize my apps into folders inside of it, makes me feel like I'm using a laptop or desktop operating system, but that could just be me. Anyway, you can't complain because Nested Folders is available for free on the Cydia Store.

I use nested folders. The non jailbreak kind. The only problem is it's limited to one nested folder per folder. You can go deep. I have a folder inside a folder that's inside a folder...etc. I have one that goes 5 deep. But those are hard to manage. I'd rather put 9 folders in one folder.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.