What's new

App Store Browser App Crashes

roaml

Reaction score
Hello,

My iPhone "App Store" browser app :appstore: is no longer working and keeps crashing. What can I do?

I have tried completing shutting down the phone by holding down the shut-off button and bypassing the Off slider bar.

:(

roaml said:
Hello,

My iPhone "App Store" browser app :appstore: is no longer working and keeps crashing. What can I do?

I have tried completing shutting down the phone by holding down the shut-off button and bypassing the Off slider bar.

:(

Do you mean you hard reset (hold sleep/wake and home buttons until you see apple logo and release)

No, I don't think so. I was told by a sales rep to hold down the on/off button until it shuts off. What do you mean by home buttons?

roaml said:
No, I don't think so. I was told by a sales rep to hold down the on/off button until it shuts off. What do you mean by home buttons?

Oops. I meant the home button. Hold the sleep button/wake button and the home button until you see the apple logo

Just tried it and the app is still crashing. :-(

Can I download the App Store App?

Ugg! Restore from where, iTunes?

Ugg! Restore from where, iTunes?

yes. its the only way to restore the appstore. the appstore is a native application and if your having issue with that a restore should fix it...btw are you jailbroken

No, I am not jailbroken. :) I thought I did restore the app and it still did not work. I am REALLY hoping that I did the restore correctly.
If I took it into an Apple store, would they be abe to reload the app?

roaml said:
No, I am not jailbroken. :) I thought I did restore the app and it still did not work. I am REALLY hoping that I did the restore correctly.
If I took it into an Apple store, would they be abe to reload the app?

They'll tell you to restore it through iTunes.
Plug your phone into your pc. And you should see the summary page on the left panel restore is right under update