What's new

Why are Apple so slow?

Apple have to get it right, their market position relies on it. If they released an iPhone that was buggy, everyone and his aunt fanny would claim another sissy phone is the the much craved 'iPhone cruncher'.

So desperate are the opposition and hard core Apple detractors to declare this with any authority, si why we get so any 'false moons' meaning Apple simply can't risk it IMHO.

Skull One said:
It's funny how people say this without elaborating to which metric they are using to say "King of".

Example:

Android is the "King of" the smart phone market "by OS". Metric - World wide use of Android is at 52%.

BUT WAIT, there's more.

Apple is the "King of" the smart phone sale "by phone sales". Metric - An iPhone has held the World wide sales lead for 3.5 years as the number 1 selling phone. And for the last 18 months it has held slots #1 and #2.

So that makes for any interesting situation. Apple has only sold 5 versions of the iPhone compared to the 170+ versions of Android. So the currently #1 and #2 phone is simply outpaced by the fact that Android had to make 165+ more versions AND is a world wide full release smart phone on every major carrier. Interestingly enough that situation is about to change with the introduction of the new iPhone.

I can't wait to see how far Android's 52% falls when the playing field on distribution to carriers becomes more level.

Or how they hold that percentage on release of the much anticipated iphone5 and ipad3 ;).

if apple will not lead the market then android OS phones will defensibly became the king of smart phone market.

It's funny how people say this without elaborating to which metric they are using to say "King of".

Example:

Android is the "King of" the smart phone market "by OS". Metric - World wide use of Android is at 52%.

BUT WAIT, there's more.

Apple is the "King of" the smart phone sale "by phone sales". Metric - An iPhone has held the World wide sales lead for 3.5 years as the number 1 selling phone. And for the last 18 months it has held slots #1 and #2.

So that makes for any interesting situation. Apple has only sold 5 versions of the iPhone compared to the 170+ versions of Android. So the currently #1 and #2 phone is simply outpaced by the fact that Android had to make 165+ more versions AND is a world wide full release smart phone on every major carrier. Interestingly enough that situation is about to change with the introduction of the new iPhone.

I can't wait to see how far Android's 52% falls when the playing field on distribution to carriers becomes more level.
funny but seems right

I think they came out with the iphone5 Lil too early alot of people I know will be keeping their iPhone 4 just my opinion

vee1985 said:
I think they came out with the iphone5 Lil too early alot of people I know will be keeping their iPhone 4 just my opinion

iPhone 4 2010 - iPhone 5 2011. Not to early. I'm keeping mine definitely

Col.bris said:
iPhone 5 has not been released so I do not understand your post

Well if rumour is correct, it will be in a few weeks, what makes good sense is to catch the Xmas trade.

iPhones rule!! I was NOT an apple guy, but the phone converted me. I have both MAC and PC mainly because some things (proprietary apps) will not run on MAC unless you have dual boot O/S's. But this phone is quite simply the best. My friends have HTC's and all kinds of DROIDS but they don't compare. Each one may have a single or several nice features, but overall this thing us the King. I hope the form-factor doesn't change too much I live the way this phone feels. It's solid in my hand and I refuse to use a case of any kind. Thin scratch resistant covers are all I need. Cannot wait for the five, need to find out if I Qualify, then find a buyer for my 16 gb white iphone4!

Wait... I dont understand... are you putting down apple, or praising them?!

"I are not knowing what is you postings are saying...."

Everything Apple do has to be perfect. It's frustrating waiting, but always worth it in the end. The plasticky Galaxy S2 feals awful and the android operating system is a right mess. I got a Galaxy S2 :mad: But I switched back to iPhone 4. :D

vee1985 said:

Yes same i just got my iPhone from Verizon and find out the 5 "might be" coming out 2 months later so I think it should of waited

vee1985 said:

Yes same i just got my iPhone from Verizon and find out the 5 "might be" coming out 2 months later so I think it should of waited

I have kept pretty low key since becoming an iOS developer concerning what the next iPhone will be. But I have had a theory now for about 3 weeks concerning the two different cases and pictures of parts that are floating out there for the rumor mill to churn on.

So here is my original prediction from http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/66435-post4.html :

1) Single radio design for CDMA/GSM 3G. (Based on statements from VZW)
2) A5 CPU. (Based on manufacturing output)
3) New antenna design. (Based on current failure of iPhone 4 antenna)
4) Possible 3.7" screen with the same 960x480 layout but keeps the PPI above 300. (based on consumer demands)
5) Possible 8MP camera. (based on statements from Sony)
As you can see that prediction is almost four months old now. I believe the iPhone 4S is what we will see in October with a September announcement. I think the ONLY thing I got wrong is the screen size. BUT I think I can explain the the thinner and larger screen version that has been shown in 3D renders. I believe it is the new iPod Touch. Since the iPod Touch uses a different (ie cheaper) screen than the iPhone 4, this give Apple a chance to test a larger screen with consumers and see exactly what they want to do with the iPhone 5 once LTE is up to their standards.

Of course this is all still guess work. But the pieces of the puzzle seem to suggest this is a possible outcome.

Apple.iOS.Developer said:
In general, i think it's just a new way of marketing :).

TBH I think that's close to the truth, if anyone remember's the delayed launch if the Sinclair Spectrum computers It caused such a furir of 'must have' demand, deliberate or not made the thing world beater on advanced sales before they printed the boxes.

Perhaps Apple are being coy, they already have the best selling smart phone, and the rep, so until they decide it is about to wain, keep the punters interested with snippets and gossip.

Was the alleged loss if the ip5 prototype really a loss or a cunning publicity stunt? publicity to encourage ramping up of future buyer lust?