What's new

iOS devices dominate the US web trafficking

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
$ios-vs-android-graph.jpg

Even if Android devices come in larger numbers than Apple ones in the United States, a new survey published by Chitika shows evidence that iOS devices, however, dominate in terms of web traffic. To reach this conclusion, Chitika conducted a study that spanned over six months, between the months May and November of 2012. They calculated the web traffic volume for each operating system by isolating impressions coming only from the iOS and Android gadgets.

The team conducting the study remarked that even though a lot of new Android devices have graced the tech market recently, like the Samsung Galaxy S III, the Droid RAZR M or the popular Amazon Kindle Fire HD, not much has changed in the Web trafficking sector when compared to 6 months before the survey started.
The numbers speak for themselves: the iOS family holds 65% while Android numbers just stayed at around 35%. Android got a boost this last year, elevating its numbers to 40% but that was because the Samsung Galaxy S3 had just been released on the market. But Apple swallowed the percents back again after it released the iPhone 5.

Apple has always had a committed and loyal fan base that represents a fertile ground for every product Cupertino unleashes into the world. That’s why there hasn’t been yet an Apple product gone wrong. Not only is the iPhone America’s sweetheart in terms of smartphone technology, but also the iPad remains the number one favorite in the tablet department. And according to Chitika experts, it’s the iPad that makes all the difference. Without it, apparently, Android would be breathing down Apple’s neck for sure.

Source: Chitika

"That’s why there hasn’t been yet an Apple product gone wrong."

Sure. That's why they dumped all those Lisas in a landfill, and why the Newton was -at best- an iPad that was 15+ years ahead of its time. And I will allow the merciful veil of time to be drawn over the dismal Sculley years. A much better way to characterize Apple is as a brilliant risk-taker. If you don't put what you believe to be "insanely great" out there, you'll never know. And there will be some casualties on the way.

Lisa was a brilliant machine.... The Macintosh replaced her with the first appliance computer, much cheaper to make but without her sophisticated multitasking environment.

We would not see her equal come out of Apple until OSX

Lisa was a brilliant machine.... The Macintosh replaced her with the first appliance computer, much cheaper to make but without her sophisticated multitasking environment.

We would not see her equal come out of Apple until OSX

My point stands- the Lisa may have been a brilliant machine, but it was NOT a brilliant product. The quote I gave implied that Apple's products have been uniformly good. I submit that "gone wrong" may encompass brilliant machines, but history is full of such things that have been produced- and failed.