Why are Apple so slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by wafcarl, Sep 4, 2011.

1. crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser Member

Apple have to get it right, their market position relies on it. If they released an iPhone that was buggy, everyone and his aunt fanny would claim another sissy phone is the the much craved 'iPhone cruncher'.

So desperate are the opposition and hard core Apple detractors to declare this with any authority, si why we get so any 'false moons' meaning Apple simply can't risk it IMHO.

2. crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser Member

Or how they hold that percentage on release of the much anticipated iphone5 and ipad3 ;).

3. macbook1905

macbook1905 New Member

funny but seems right

4. vee1985

vee1985 New Member

I think they came out with the iphone5 Lil too early alot of people I know will be keeping their iPhone 4 just my opinion

5. iCrank

iCrank Member

iPhone 4 2010 - iPhone 5 2011. Not to early. I'm keeping mine definitely

6. Col.bris

Col.bris Administrator Staff Member

iPhone 5 has not been released so I do not understand your post

7. crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser Member

Well if rumour is correct, it will be in a few weeks, what makes good sense is to catch the Xmas trade.

8. jmsmith32210

jmsmith32210 New Member

iPhones rule!! I was NOT an apple guy, but the phone converted me. I have both MAC and PC mainly because some things (proprietary apps) will not run on MAC unless you have dual boot O/S's. But this phone is quite simply the best. My friends have HTC's and all kinds of DROIDS but they don't compare. Each one may have a single or several nice features, but overall this thing us the King. I hope the form-factor doesn't change too much I live the way this phone feels. It's solid in my hand and I refuse to use a case of any kind. Thin scratch resistant covers are all I need. Cannot wait for the five, need to find out if I Qualify, then find a buyer for my 16 gb white iphone4!

9. Apple.iOS.Developer

Apple.iOS.Developer New Member

In general, i think it's just a new way of marketing :).

10. JLangevin

JLangevin Member

Wait... I dont understand... are you putting down apple, or praising them?!

"I are not knowing what is you postings are saying...."

11. Gregoris

Gregoris Administrator Staff Member

Sounds like praise to me

12. Darkstar2007

Darkstar2007 Administrator Staff Member

Ditto.

13. pandahou

pandahou New Member

Yes same i just got my iPhone from Verizon and find out the 5 "might be" coming out 2 months later so I think it should of waited

14. Skull One

Skull One Super Moderator Staff Member

I have kept pretty low key since becoming an iOS developer concerning what the next iPhone will be. But I have had a theory now for about 3 weeks concerning the two different cases and pictures of parts that are floating out there for the rumor mill to churn on.

So here is my original prediction from http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/66435-post4.html :

As you can see that prediction is almost four months old now. I believe the iPhone 4S is what we will see in October with a September announcement. I think the ONLY thing I got wrong is the screen size. BUT I think I can explain the the thinner and larger screen version that has been shown in 3D renders. I believe it is the new iPod Touch. Since the iPod Touch uses a different (ie cheaper) screen than the iPhone 4, this give Apple a chance to test a larger screen with consumers and see exactly what they want to do with the iPhone 5 once LTE is up to their standards.

Of course this is all still guess work. But the pieces of the puzzle seem to suggest this is a possible outcome.

15. crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser Member

TBH I think that's close to the truth, if anyone remember's the delayed launch if the Sinclair Spectrum computers It caused such a furir of 'must have' demand, deliberate or not made the thing world beater on advanced sales before they printed the boxes.

Perhaps Apple are being coy, they already have the best selling smart phone, and the rep, so until they decide it is about to wain, keep the punters interested with snippets and gossip.

Was the alleged loss if the ip5 prototype really a loss or a cunning publicity stunt? publicity to encourage ramping up of future buyer lust?