What's new

Why are Apple so slow?

wafcarl

Reaction score
Everything Apple do has to be perfect. It's frustrating waiting, but always worth it in the end. The plasticky Galaxy S2 feals awful and the android operating system is a right mess. I got a Galaxy S2 :mad: But I switched back to iPhone 4. :D

Last edited:
wafcarl said:
Already out, we have the Galaxy S2 AND HTC Evo 3D. Announced and shown are the Droid Bionic and the Galaxy Note.
How are all others managing to produce top end devices whilst Apple can't produce one?
This is frustration and I'm surely not the only one. Hoping to upgrade in June and you find in Spetember there still hasn't been word. You would at least assume Apple would show the phone to keep people interested.
With all these new phones to pick from, the pricing and this huge delay, this iPhone 5 better be fantastic when launched. :mad:

Well with all those releases that you're disturbed about. Apple will release a superior device of those you mentioned. Yes, it's frustrating but the wait is worth it. Just be patient.

They showed the droid bionic back in January. It's still yet to be released. Apple takes their sweet time for perfection. I for one love that. I'm also glad a new iphone is only released once a year. It makes you feel like your current model stays top of the line longer. With Android you buy a flagship phone and a "better" one is released almost every month. That'd irritate me to no end. So to me it's worth being patient. I've also enjoyed my iPhone 4 so much, that I haven't cared about the new hardware release! I'm just excited about the new software (iOS 5). Thats just how I feel about it! :D

Apple are so slow because they want to take their time and get it right and make it so it works better rather then rushing a release and it not being as good and their results speak for themselves... not always 100% perfect but they do a very good job of it, I can imagine when apple do release 3D it will be very good. their cameras on their phones took ages to get up to 5mp but even their 2mp cameras where better then some phones 5mp cameras... mms took apple a year to add and background pictures 4! but they have done a great job of it so far. all good things comes to those who wait

I agree with having one iphone released every year but truly it's been a while, they should release it every summer, but maybe iphone 5 is so jam packed with features it's taking extra long to perfect, it's kind of a stretch but I can keep my hopes up right?

I agree with having one iphone released every year but truly it's been a while, they should release it every summer, but maybe iphone 5 is so jam packed with features it's taking extra long to perfect, it's kind of a stretch but I can keep my hopes up right?

Until this year apple have released every iphone at the start of July but it seems they dont like every one knowing their release cycle of their iphone devices

This is how Apple keeps everyone guessing. Its all a game plan they have and it keeps every body on there toes. Are you really that man at Apple??? It sounds like you are ready to go back to Android because they are producing more phones faster than Apple? Look at it this way, how many times have you seen or heard of an Iphone going bad and have to be replaced with in 2 to 3 weeks of use and how many times you have to replace a Droid? Apple believes in quality and not quantity. This is only one reason of many why Apple is on top of the game with there SMART phones.....

Do the math, for every 1 Iphone that goes bad there are 10 Androids that go bad.

Seem's to me that Apple's business model is working just fine!

Do the math, for every 1 Iphone that goes bad there are 10 Androids that go bad.

This. As a phone salesman, i see androids come back twice as often as the iphones i sell. Its nuts.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

This. As a phone salesman, i see androids come back twice as often as the iphones i sell. Its nuts.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

My gf has a android (LG 3D) and I love the turn by turn navigation it has. But also I dont like that it has hardly any storage I think around 5GB and any more you have to pay for an SD card slot, where as with iphones and Nokias you get like 32GB space

The iPhone 4 is now on pre order and videos have started to appear.
Vodafone UK have announce they are about to start pre orders, so I think were looking at an announcement within the next two weeks.
I got a Galaxy S2 and kept it for a week before going back to iPhone4. The 4 was so much better, so I expect the iPhone 5 to walk all over android. :D

Last edited:
if apple will not lead the market then android OS phones will defensibly became the king of smart phone market.

It's funny how people say this without elaborating to which metric they are using to say "King of".

Example:

Android is the "King of" the smart phone market "by OS". Metric - World wide use of Android is at 52%.

BUT WAIT, there's more.

Apple is the "King of" the smart phone sale "by phone sales". Metric - An iPhone has held the World wide sales lead for 3.5 years as the number 1 selling phone. And for the last 18 months it has held slots #1 and #2.

So that makes for any interesting situation. Apple has only sold 5 versions of the iPhone compared to the 170+ versions of Android. So the currently #1 and #2 phone is simply outpaced by the fact that Android had to make 165+ more versions AND is a world wide full release smart phone on every major carrier. Interestingly enough that situation is about to change with the introduction of the new iPhone.

I can't wait to see how far Android's 52% falls when the playing field on distribution to carriers becomes more level.