What's new

Who's buying the AppleCare Protection Plan?

Will you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone 4?

• Yes!

Votes: 46 36.8%
  • No!

Votes: 55 44.0%
  • Not Sure Yet!

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
I think apple care is awesome and cheap! you can loose your iphone and they will ship you a new one - who else does such thing for $60??

I think apple care is awesome and cheap! you can loose your iphone and they will ship you a new one - who else does such thing for $60??

Apple care is only a hardware warranty... So you still havetoo buy a new one if you damage/lose it.....

Apple care is only a hardware warranty... So you still havetoo buy a new one if you damage/lose it.....

yes. I am sorry I was given the wrong information, i just verified what you say is true. then i take it back, apple care sucks, just joking its not bad you can get a free battery :)

if they said you can have a free new one if you lose it so many ppl would pretend to lose it to get a free one

I am considering it, i have had my phone for a week now, and have ordered a case and screen protectors......but im in no rush to decide, You have 1yr from date of purchase to add the AppleCare warranty to it. My only concern would be the battery, which is covered.

I want to get the Squaretrade Insurance and don't know if it is worth it to get the Apple Care also.

I don't think it's a scam you get 2 years of hardware repair for a few extra bucks. I had a 3GS that one line in the touch screen went bad. If I had AT&T insurance I would have had to pay a deductible to get it fixed...plus time without a phone. Apple overnighted me a phone and credited me for mine. No it won't cover dropping it in a beer or on the parking lot. Also take into consideration it will cost around the same amount for a 3rd party company to fix a broken screen...and void your warranty than just let apple fix it the right way. Scam no.... Unnecessary..... You decide :)

I bought it. I was told from the guy at the AT&T store that when you have the AppleCare, you will treated like a VIP. Well, they get commission when they sell it and tell you anything and everything to make the sale.

I walked into the Apple store and NO, I was not treated like a VIP. In fact, I had to ask for a manager to have the issue resolved. I also think that you can only call technical support within the first 90 days and after that you have to pay. Can someone out there confirm that please?

they tell you our hardware is amazing will never break and then to sell you app its like, it most likely break after a year you will need it LOL if it covered accidental damage i would of got it. but an extension of the warranty... not needed

I bought it, and paid a pretty penny for it. I'm guessing that it was worth it. Hope nothing happens to it but if it does within the period, I'm covered :)

I had my earbuds replaced with the plan... Guess that's $35 back on the price...

Maybe I'll be able to get them replaced again before the 2 years is up... That would about cover the cost...

I bought it for £25 of eBay, will be worth it as soon as something goes wrong or if....