What's new

Who's buying the new Macbook Pro?!

The price for the UK is a killer due to the weak pound, I'm still in shock at the price, It means a complete rethink and I'm not sure now which way I will go.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Last edited:
I'll be saving up for one.. that Touch Bar is amazing!

I see a lot of people elsewhere on the internet complaining about the price of the new MacBook Pro. What they fail to consider is the overall experience. iCloud, Continuity, Handoff, Touch ID.. these things add to the experience. The device itself can easily be seen as "high end", but once the whole experience is taken into consideration, the price point is put into proper perspective.

I want one and I'll be saving for it. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way.. otherwise you'll find an excuse.

I want one......Just need to get my head around the price, Here in the UK I think we have got the sticky end with the weak pound.

OK........Should I be sensible and stick with my Late 2013 MacBook Pro for of couple of more years or should I buy the new all singing all dancing Macbook???

Help :)

OK........Should I be sensible and stick with my Late 2013 MacBook Pro for of couple of more years or should I buy the new all singing all dancing Macbook???

Help :)
That depends on how bad you want it as opposed to how bad you need it. Do you use your MacBook Pro for any tasks that would be made measurably easier and quicker with the new MacBook Pro?

Nope......Just want one :)
In that case, I would begin saving now. That very act would help your mind to think that you are working toward it and, at the same time, it would keep you from thinking that it's an unnecessary expenditure because you aren't buying something right now that you don't actually need. You can always adjust the amount you're putting aside later if need be. Perhaps a birthday gift to yourself? Or, maybe next Christmas?