What's new

Who's buying the new Macbook Pro?!

Shouldn't the question be who is ready to get the Apple alternatives? I will just wait cuz my 2013 model pro still performs well
I'm not ready and I'm not looking forward to the day l have to buy one because that's the only choice.
My Late 2013 model is still good but I'm still wondering if I should upgrade to the Early 2015.

Looks like the cables are not the only thing getting a price adjustment. The 4K and 5K LG monitors are also getting 25% hacked off the price.

Looks like the cables are not the only thing getting a price adjustment. The 4K and 5K LG monitors are also getting 25% hacked off the price.
Now Apple need to bring down the price of the Macbooks......
Don't see that happening though.

I have one of these for my iPhone 4 and iPad
Got it a couple of years ago from eBay, still using it on the iPhone. Cost a fraction of that price back then.
657d666d8bbde20efd3166bc6fab9072.jpg

Also from China got some adapters of the 30 pin just the end piece to fit micro B

What a lot of people are now asking and what I
I myself am beginning to wonder.......
Is this still worthy of being called a Pro machine?

What a lot of people are now asking and what I
I myself am beginning to wonder.......
Is this still worthy of being called a Pro machine?
While there's no doubt that the new MacBook Pro can do a lot, the question is it capable of doing the tasks that its users require of it.

I have my doubts. I suppose it relies on the take up of USB-C in related industries. Wireless may be fine and dandy but it's not the be all and end all.

I have my doubts. I suppose it relies on the take up of USB-C in related industries. Wireless may be fine and dandy but it's not the be all and end all.
Data transfer over a wired connection is much faster than via WiFi and is less prone to lost connections. If you're talking about massive amounts of data, wired is the way to go.

Please explain to me in simple terms how you for see that happening in the near future. Wired transfer? From one company to another or whatever? I don't understand

Please explain to me in simple terms how you for see that happening in the near future. Wired transfer? From one company to another or whatever? I don't understand

AirPlay might be great for home users to play their low bitrate iTunes music through their AirPlay enabled amplifier. It's not going to cut it for a sound engineer who wants wired connection, using industry standard cables, to a mixing desk.

That's one example off the top of my head.

I was talking about connecting your iPhone to iTunes on your computer using the supplied charging/sync cable. Syncing content to your iPhone this way is much faster than downloading from the cloud.

Ok maybe as usual l've misunderstood, for me that's normal. But at least l say it and not stand in a corner. So at the moment we all are using cables of one type or another to do this or that, do you see this situation changing due to the MacBook Pro or where it's leading?

Ok maybe as usual l've misunderstood, for me that's normal. But at least l say it and not stand in a corner. So at the moment we all are using cables of one type or another to do this or that, do you see this situation changing due to the MacBook Pro or where it's leading?
I think Apple is trying to push users in the direction of no cables and having everything in the cloud. That's all well and good, until you lose your internet connection.