What's new

Which Carrier iPhone 4S will be better?

verizon wasnt really even a shot for me. its either att or sprint. i think i am leading towards att because i dont really use my internet like that. im always someplace wheres theres wifi

well in ny metro they both have great service. ive been having att for abour 6 years and it has never failed me. my girlfriend has sprint and the service is great as well. pretty fast 4g on her phone too. so sprint it is? i was wondering will the ios frimwares be different like they currently are on the cdma 4 and the gsm 4? or universal version since its a universal headset now

There is a common misconception with the iPhone 4 in which many users believe that they have a 4G device when the iPhone is only a 3G device. Yes Sprint has a 4G network but the iPhone 4S is only a 3G device. It Can Not connect to the faster wimax connection that sprint has.

Both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S are 3G phones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hopefully the next iPhone has 4G network connectivity.

Quicksilver7714 said:
Hopefully the next iPhone has 4G network connectivity.

Are you thinking about getting and iPhone?

I pre-ordered a White 4S first thing friday morning.

Quicksilver7714 said:
I pre-ordered a White 4S first thing friday morning.

I knew it.

since the cdma will have a sim slot will i be able to simply unlock it (well if it gets jailbroken) and use gsm ? also i was wondering will the ios frimwares be different like they currently are on the cdma 4 and the gsm 4? or universal version since its a universal headset now

I would assume that any iPhone 4S that is sold by ATT, Sprint or Verizon would be locked to that carrier. You might be able to get an unlock code to use it out side of the US but I think that it would still be factory locked to which ever carrier you purchased it from in the US.

yeah so all i would have to do is get a code? i thought unlocking the phone would do that but i guess ill need a code. i was just wondering because i know that i have used verizon blackberrys with my att sim card and everything worked fine. all i needed was an unlock code. i know for older iphones (personally with the 3gs) i unlocked it thru cydia and then went to europe and just put a sim and got it to work.

still no answer on the ios versions ?

iphones dont use codes to unlock them if its an actual unlocked iphone from apple then its automatically unlocked in the software and you can upgrade ios without the worry of getting locked.

so how do tmobile users use the iphone ? they have been using the iphone since the 2g. i sold my cousin my phone which was locked to att because thats where i bought it from and he simply unlocked it via cydia and it worked for tmobile. so you are telling me that all tmobile users by the factory unlocked ? i dont think so

kingnba6 said:
so how do tmobile users use the iphone ? they have been using the iphone since the 2g. i sold my cousin my phone which was locked to att because thats where i bought it from and he simply unlocked it via cydia and it worked for tmobile. so you are telling me that all tmobile users by the factory unlocked ? i dont think so

T-Mobile users are restricted to 2G (Edge) speeds.

Lol Well im from Uk. Im on o2 im getting free internet on my iphone4 and free 1000 min calls + 100 MIN to mobile's and land line's all for the cost of £5 pounds uk money so its about 3 us D.

I know that you could buy a factory unlocked iPhone 4 and it would work on T-mobile but you will not receive 3g speeds because T-mobile uses a proprietary 1700Mhz range to broadcast its 3G data. The iPhone has a quad-band GSM radio and does not include this range. So as stated above you will only receive 2G data speeds (Edge network).

Last edited: