What's new

Which Carrier iPhone 4S will be better?

well i currently have an att iphone 4 and my girlfriend has sprint. we are both going on a plan together with the new 4s. so we were talking about it. we are going to get att 4s because my iphone gets better service then her phone in most cases. also does anybody know if the cdma version also has a sim card slot ?

well i currently have an att iphone 4 and my girlfriend has sprint. we are both going on a plan together with the new 4s. so we were talking about it. we are going to get att 4s because my iphone gets better service then her phone in most cases. also does anybody know if the cdma version also has a sim card slot ?

Yeah I think that the new iPhone 4S for Verizon will have a sim slot, however the phone will be lock to Verizon but unlock to other GSM carriers around the world.

so the sprint version will not have a sim card slot ? and i know how that works. ive used sprint/verizon world (the ones with sim slots) phones with my att plan here in the states. and all i had to do was unlock it.

I choose at&t. Verizon, sprint both good. But. My reception has been great with AT&T. Sprint is so so. Verizon is ok. Plus. I love talking and surfing web.

kingnba6 said:

Yeah, that's the problem with Sprint. The coverage, I thinks that's why their plans are so cheap.

i think they WERE cheap. now tmobile has the 50 bucks a month plan. well here in ny anyway. and in my area att and sprint have about the same price unlimited plan at 60-70 bucks a month

i think they WERE cheap. now tmobile has the 50 bucks a month plan. well here in ny anyway. and in my area att and sprint have about the same price unlimited plan at 60-70 bucks a month
I think that plan is only if you have 2 or more phones, so technically its a 100 bucks a month, and I picked sprint hopefully I like it.

To answer some questions about the carriers. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA which usually gets slightly worse battery life than ATT which is GSM.

Verizon has the largest 3g coverage area in the country folowed by ATT and then Sprint.

I have had Verizon for 6 years and have never dropped a call. Plus 4 years ago I was unable to get a signal at my grand parrents house in the middle of nowhere Arkansas, mountains and everything. Now I have full coverage and 3g data speeds.
I did try out Sprint last year due to my parrents not upgrading our plan and I was incurring 100+ in overage fees. Sprints network is good only in large populated areas and I had a few dropped calls as well.

All carriers New iPhone 4S will be CDMA/GSM hybrids and have a simcard slot.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thanks for the great info.

i am getting a family plan. on sprint i get unlimited everything for 150 a month
on att i get 700 mins and 4gb data for 140 a month. what would you do ?

I would look up reveiws for Sprints and ATTs network in your area. Since Sprint is smaller than ATT I can't guarantee that they will always have a good connection.

If Sprint seems to have a reliable network I would choose the unlimited plan over ATTs limited plan every single time. I personally like having an unlimited plan so I don't have to worry about going over any limits.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
well in ny metro they both have great service. ive been having att for abour 6 years and it has never failed me. my girlfriend has sprint and the service is great as well. pretty fast 4g on her phone too. so sprint it is? i was wondering will the ios frimwares be different like they currently are on the cdma 4 and the gsm 4? or universal version since its a universal headset now

kingnba6 said:
thanks for the great info.

i am getting a family plan. on sprint i get unlimited everything for 150 a month
on att i get 700 mins and 4gb data for 140 a month. what would you do ?

Well you have to do what your pocket allows. But as one of the post stated, Sprint coverage isn't all that good. I have ATT as well and wish they where a lot cheaper, and with fewer to nine dropped calls. But I'm sticking with them, mainly because I like the ability to talk and do the web at the same time.

I was willing to give Verizon a shot, but their just as expensive as AT&T, plus with them your better off using an LTE device.