What's new

When trying to connect to wifi it tries to log me in to apple.com?

Same to my wife's - good thing I'm not updating

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Im on verizon fios and the problem started to happen to me on my ipad and iPhone 4s around 4 pm pacific time. Everything was ok before that. What gives? Did apple deploy a bug in the iOS 6 software?

hi guys,

im running a 3GS. came across the same problem and the phone kept sending me the apple website where it said, the page cannot be found.

I simply turned off all mobile data settings. switched the phone to airplane mode, all while keeping the wifi switched on.

then switched off the airplane mode and turned on mobile data and the Wifi issue was sorted.

this worked for me, hope it does for ya'll too.

regards,
Speedy

Press the arrow beside your network and click renew lease

Eyy everyone to fix this problem plug your phone into the computer its synced with and it will say a new update is available and click yes and then it will start to update to iOS 6 and the phone reconnects to Internet to do it. :)

bryceTanner said:
Eyy everyone to fix this problem plug your phone into the computer its synced with and it will say a new update is available and click yes and then it will start to update to iOS 6 and the phone reconnects to Internet to do it. :)

Clicking renew lease in your phone under wifi networks will work also

I had the same problem and won't I did was went into wifi saw my network and clicked the blue arrow at the side of network name and turned on auto join I done this a few times the log in apple page came in but then all of a sudden I turned auto join on again before I launched the phone and the wifi has actuli stayed connected give it a try guys and girls hope this has help

Ok, I think i figured it out. I found this online and it helped me so not sure if coincidence. go to settings, wifi, then hit the blue arrow next to your wifi. Select forget network and then back out. Click on your network again and typing your password to your wifi. Then hit the blue arrow again next to it after connects and hit the button down at the bottom that says renew lease. After this should work, it did for me.

mine started working at 7:35pm EST out of the blue... just said success and i clicked done.

I think I found the answer and it is working for me now!

Like many of you, I just updated my iPhone 4S to iOs 6 and had the same wi-fi issue (connected briefly then tried to log into Apple at an unknown page). All I did to fix the problem was activate at least one item in "Settings" "iCloud" - I chose to activate "Safari" to sync with iCloud.

Although I don't use iCloud for anything, this trick allowed my phone to successfully log into my iCloud account and it proceeded to sync'd my browser settings. The phone now stays connected to wi-fi without a problem. I deselected the temporary iCloud setting and everything is the way it should be.

Hope this helps someone else!

Go to the wife network your trying to connect to and forget the network and then re connect and re login to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious. One person gives a solution and 5 or 6 others give either the same or a different solution. Does anybody read the thread before posting?

I just clicked on the wifi and it automagically started working again. Both for me and the wife. No clue what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk