What's new

When should you charge your iPhone 4?

Using your phone regularly will help keep the battery going. I manage hundreds of phones at work and the ones that don't use their phone regularly are the ones having battery problems. These people let their phone drain to 0 and not charge it for days or they leave it on the charger for days.

no wonder one of my ipod's battery got
all messed up! for i seldom use it and the
battery most of the time when i leave
it is fully drained.

thats not good, never let it drain all the way

i had to find out the hard way, now the said ipod
won't charge. at least now i know.

I second DannyBoy. The instructions for my iPhone4 said to fully discharge it once a month. I don't let it run down to 0%, but I do let it go to the "low battery" message.

My battery life has been excellent.

but low battery life is at 20% when that message appears thats still fairly full. i always just charge it before going to bed no matter how high or low the % is

so only once a month let it go to 20%?

but low battery life is at 20% when that message appears thats still fairly full. i always just charge it before going to bed no matter how high or low the % is

No once a month let your iPhone drain till it shuts off, do a full charge from shut off to 100%.

Marc

Using your phone regularly will help keep the battery going. I manage hundreds of phones at work and the ones that don't use their phone regularly are the ones having battery problems. These people let their phone drain to 0 and not charge it for days or they leave it on the charger for days.

no wonder one of my ipod's battery got
all messed up! for i seldom use it and the
battery most of the time when i leave
it is fully drained.

thats not good, never let it drain all the way

what are you talking about? it's been know that it is a good idea to drain your lithium battery at least once a month then charge it FULL

No once a month let your iPhone drain till it shuts off, do a full charge from shut off to 100%.

Marc

Right, there's still a % or 2 left in the battery when it shuts down by itself. The computer needs to shut down before the battery is completely empty for obvious reasons. Ever pull the plug on your running PC and not have problems later?

I never knew that I needed to let the battery drain occasionally. It has a few times but it was not on purpose. Good to know.

I'm curious how many of you have ever actually replaced your iPhone battery? I had my 3G for almost two years with no problems and my wife is using it now. I've had an iP4 since June.

Is battery replacement a DIY project or do you have to take/send it in to Apple?

I never knew that I needed to let the battery drain occasionally. It has a few times but it was not on purpose. Good to know.

I'm curious how many of you have ever actually replaced your iPhone battery? I had my 3G for almost two years with no problems and my wife is using it now. I've had an iP4 since June.

Is battery replacement a DIY project or do you have to take/send it in to Apple?

its easy to change the battery on your own

I've had terrible experiences with battery lives in Apple products and that's when I started doing the once-a-month-full-discharge-and-recharge thing. But, then I learned how to replace the battery on the iphone 3 and now I don't care as much since I can replace the battery easily. I don't suppose the new iphone is much different than iphone 3 in terms of DIY level.

Actually it's VERY easy! You still void your apple warranty but almost anyone can change them. Check out this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAy3xgdci4s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

One more question... On the iP4, there is a percentage icon on the home screen. On the 3G, beside the 'bar' is there someplace to look to see if the battery is charging 100%? How would you know if the battery was going bad and only charging to a max of 50% or whatever?