What's new

How to maximize your iPhones battery life

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This guide is intended to help users maximize their iPhones battery life.

1. Turn down the LCD. The new iPhone's screen is brighter. You may save your battery power by changing "Settings -> Brightness". I keep mine on auto brightness.
2. Turn off Vibrate in Games. Playing a game with the iPhone vibrating frequently is an unnecessary battery drain. If you can turn it off.
3. Turn off Wi-Fi new network scanning or Wi-Fi.
4. Toggle off 3G until it is needed.
5. Buy Apps and Songs in iTunes at your computer not over Wi-Fi or Apps over 3G.
6. Set the Autolock to 1 or 2-minutes. It can be set under "Settings -> General -> Autolock".
7. Set Push to Off, and Set Fetch Time. Push email isn't that useful for me because I know I'm getting several emails all day long. Push does use more juice than the fetch mode (if you receive several emails throughout the day), which checks for new email at set intervals of 15 minutes to an hour. I set mine to 1 hour.
8. Turn off location and push notifications for apps.

Proper lithium-ion battery maintenance:

"For proper maintenance of a lithium-based battery, it's important to keep the electrons in it moving occasionally. Be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down)." At the end of your day if your battery is sitting at 30%, 40%, you should charge it, I charge mine daily as many users do, this has been successful and noted in many other threads.