What's new

FAQ "How do i save Battery life"

If your going for free try ebuddy free or IM+lite. Most of these apps just pause in the background and the message is on their server so until you view it you won't use any data. Most IM messengers are quite small data users unless your sending files or pictures.

oh cool thanks for clarifying that up. i used ebuddy before, but i cant message people who are on their phones through IM fowarding, and its a must for me. i may give IM+ a try as long as it has fb contacts also. again thanks :)

does turning off the cellular data increase battery life? see attached image
i know that turning off the 3G will increase battery life, how about cellular data?

Attachments

• $IMG_1000000135.jpg
    $IMG_1000000135.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 525
Cellular data makes a much bigger difference than 3G. Onthe iPhone 4 you can't just turn of 3G. It's mobile data in settings.

I used to turn off my data on my 3GS during the day while at work. Normaly at 5 o'clock when I finished I had around 40-50% left. With data off I had around 70%. Where as 3G off only I didnt notice much difference. I didn't use my phone apart from texting and phone calls while at work.

all the smartphones have short battery life, how to solve this problem to improve ti