What's new

What the heck, Lies from AT&T and still don't have a new phone!

RedefinedTR

Reaction score
Yep, you got it, the AT&T stores and customer service in my area are down right garbage.

I ordered 2 Iphone 4's on Saturday 7/3. Was told that day that it might take 7-10 days tops to get the phone, but that I should see tracking info or a shipment notification by Wednesday. Well yesterday came and went and no tracking info, nothing. And I was also told if it had not shipped yet and I found phones that I could cancel my order and get those.

So yesterday AM I checked order status, still see this:

It says order 1 shipped 0 and back ordered 1 across the top:

Apple IPH 4 16GB BLK PHONE
In Progress
img_pop.gif

So I call up local stores, find 2 iPhone 4 32GB at the local Best Buy, drive other, talk to the very nice lady. She said I would have to cancel my order first with AT&T which I new, than I would have to get them. I said no problem. Go to call AT&T locally. BOTH stores will not answer the phone for over an hour. Than was told by one store they can't cancel the order no matter what, and the other store said they could do it, but a manager had to do it and he was not in, or it still might take a few days to process it so I can get new phones. Well darn. So I talk to these people in the store than to see if I could get anywhere. Still BAD customer service, unwilling to help me, lie to me, or just give me a bad attitude all together.

Sooo I call AT&T customer service, ask for a supervisor, she really could not do anything but check on the order for me and see it was placed because obviously they do not deal with Apple or something on there end. But I told her the situation, the problems I am having with my old iPhone and what not and she did issue a $25 credit to my account, which was VERY nice. But she said maybe I should call Apple to check on my order.

So I call Apple, they said they do not show an order, I told them it was ordered from an AT&T store, so the lady at Apple was VERY nice, called up AT&T and obviously got to the correct dept. She conf. called us together and the AT&T rep said from what she can tell the phones are ready to go out and I should see tracking info in the early AM Thursday.

Thursday rolls around, NOTHING! No e-mail, no tracking info, nothing, same screen as before on AT&T site. So I wait till like 2:00PM, call AT&T again, talk to another person. They tell me that it does not look like it will ship, tried EVERYTHING to find out more information for me. Called the store (had the same problem I did where nobody likes to answer) so she passed it on to her boss, and her bosses boss. Now they are trying to find out some sort of info for me on this situation.

So I guess my issue here is the following:
1) I am not opposed to waiting, however do not like to be lied to.
2) I am having continued service issues at my house with the current phone and it seems a bit slow with the OS4.0 installed (I have old 3G's)
3) AT&T has not really done anything to give me a sold date, or some sort of an idea as to why I keep getting conflicting info.
4) The AT&T local store sale's people are not very nice.

So what else should I do and more importantly when should I expect my phones to show? The local store told me yesterday they ordered some on the 30th and had them on the 6th. That is not too bad of a turn around. But I still want to know what is up. Any more ideas?

Yikes that really sucks!! I have no advice for you. I ordered my phone three days after presage thru apple and finally it has shipped. Hubby cancelled his and sat in line at AT&T and has his. I'm patient I guess, but wow really it takes that long?!?!?

I ordered mine from AT&T on July 2nd, was told the same, yet my order is still in limbo. No one I have talked has been able to give me an update. Some stores locally here in Orlando have them in stock. If I could cancel the order and pick up locally I would but I can't seem to be able to cancel or haven't been lucky enough to get the right person on the phone.

I orederd mines july 1 and yesterday after waiting over a week with out a phone cause i sold my 3gs to order iphone 4, they sent me an e mail stating my order has been canceled. after 4 calls to att and the att store where i ordered no ones knos why it was cancelled so now i have to wait to get my money back and make another order to wait again. meanwhile im scared the same might happen, and n one seems to have them in stock...im so screwed

I too loaded the iOS on my 3G and guess what? It is slow in every aspect, shuts off without notice, locks up requiring a complete shutdown and Safari just closes all open screens quite often.
And I have 8 more months until I can upgrade.

I ordered mine on July 3rd for an in-store pickup, they said it would take 7-10 days for it to get to the store, but so far I've gotten nothing either. I am hearing about people getting theirs the day after their tracking info shows up. Honestly I can wait because I'm using someone else's iPhone 4 (he was kind enough to swap phones-I did have to cut my SIM card though with that stapler like thing-he actually had the SIM card cutter) and as long as my order doesn't get randomly canceled and i get it by this weekend or next week I'll be satisfied.

I ordered mine on July 3rd for an in-store pickup, they said it would take 7-10 days for it to get to the store, but so far I've gotten nothing either. I am hearing about people getting theirs the day after their tracking info shows up. Honestly I can wait because I'm using someone else's iPhone 4 (he was kind enough to swap phones-I did have to cut my SIM card though with that stapler like thing-he actually had the SIM card cutter) and as long as my order doesn't get randomly canceled and i get it by this weekend or next week I'll be satisfied.

I would be happy if mine showed up at about the same time.

Looks like I wont be getting mine until next week, no word from my aunt that were going to pick it up today, dang ATT you've disappointed me yet again. This makes me glad that i used a sidekick for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humm, just noticed that mine is not showing backordered anymore. It is just saying it is pending shipment and the order quantity is 1. That may be a good sign eah?

I hope this means that it either shipped today, or is getting ready to ship out Monday, WOOT!

Humm, just noticed that mine is not showing backordered anymore. It is just saying it is pending shipment and the order quantity is 1. That may be a good sign eah?

I hope this means that it either shipped today, or is getting ready to ship out Monday, WOOT!

you're extremely lucky theres no updates on mine, but i sifted through the ATT forum and there are posts of people not receiving any updates on their order but checking one day to see that it has been shipped out and receiving them the next morning I hope this is the case for me. But I've also heard of people randomly getting their orders canceled I hope this doesn't happen to me :(

I'm 16 I cant legally buya phone on contract so I'm just going to have to ask my aunt to check it hopefully i get it tomrrow ^-^