What's new

What Problems Has Jailbreaking Caused Your IPhone

joel406

Reaction score
After reading all the problems reported on the Dev-Team web site I was interested to know if anyone here has had any problems with their Iphone 4s after jailbreaking.

Any problem at all that you did not have before jailbreaking.

Battery issues?
Apps Crashing?
Signal problems?

Anything!

Last edited:
And neither for me. This is my first iPhone (my first smart phone, for that matter) and it's been jail broken since the day I got it. No problems with it at all.

Wonderful product that the jail break makes even better.

Marilyn

None. When you jailbreak well.......that means you break. To me it is crazy to risk breaking such an expensive toy,

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Well I am glad to see nobody has had any noteable issues arrise from jailbreaking their iDevice. Personally I myself have had great luck on my two older iPhone 3G's. They of course are running iOS 4.2.1 and their basebands are iPad's.

However when I tried jailbreaking my 4S I encountered the following problems.

Phone icon on the sprigboard turned white. But still functioned.
Dictation constantly crashed.
Siri quit working entierly.

After finding these issues I restored the phone on the spot.

That restored full functionality.

So since my iPhone 4S is new (I just recived it from AT&T on Feb 24) and the jailbreak(Greenpois0n) has been out for awhile that somebody may have had the same problems, if not additional ones, that I had.

Just my opinion I think that the jailbreaks should be reworked.

Any other opinions would be great.

I haven't had any problems. Well, maybe slightly worse battery life, but I'm not sure. Still monitoring it.

when i jailbroke my iPhone 4s 64GB i noticed my battery started to rapidly drain so i restored in iTunes and its fine again, i don't really need a jailbreak so I'm fine :D

My battery goes a little faster but that's it. I'm
On my second 4s and I've used sn0wbreeze with ease.

Mickey330 said:
And neither for me. This is my first iPhone (my first smart phone, for that matter) and it's been jail broken since the day I got it. No problems with it at all.

Wonderful product that the jail break makes even better.

Marilyn

What are the benefits of a jail broken phone exactly?

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update From NYC iPF.net

My first phone also, i jailbroke it but then was concerned of the battery so i restored and i didnt notice any better battery so i jailbroke again

I do get som apps turning white after iplug into pc but a respring fixes that

Advantages are loads of tweaks that should be there snyway

bkkperson said:
My first phone also, i jailbroke it but then was concerned of the battery so i restored and i didnt notice any better battery so i jailbroke again

I do get som apps turning white after iplug into pc but a respring fixes that

Advantages are loads of tweaks that should be there snyway

What kind of tweaks? I feel like this is some sort of secret society.

tlbaker said:
what kind of tweaks? I feel like this is some sort of secret society.

Sent from my verizon black 64gb ipad 2 w ios 5.0.1 update from nyc ipf.net

ikr!!

What kind of tweaks? I feel like this is some sort of secret society.

Things like CallBar (use your phone from the status bar - without interrupting anything), SBSettings (quick access to some Settings actions such as Bluetooth, WiFi, etc), biteSMS (SMS/MMS messaging on steroids!), DeleteAll (one-click clean of e-mail Trash), Activator (do everything with gestures; never use your home button again), iKeywi (have a programmable 5th row on keyboard), Overboard (see all your pages at a glance - go to them on the second glance), Move2Unlock (gesture-based phone unlock), PhotoAlbums+ (actually MOVE photos to another album in the Photo app, not just link them), Springtomize2 (many reasons) and Zephyr (an iPhone with iPad-like multigestures).

There's a whole bunch of tweaks, these are just the ones I have and find useful. I won't even get into the theming aspect of it. Have a browse through [the whole] Jailbreaking section of this forum and you'll see a whole bunch of folk are enjoying a whole bunch of "stuff" with jail breaking.

And, to bring this back on topic, I have all that I mentioned above, plus others, plus some themes and my iPhone is running fine; it's not bogging down, not crashing, i get great signal, apps don't crash and, as far as I can tell, there's no battery issues.

Again, zero issues with the jail breaking, whether it was with the tool TO jail break or running of a jail broken phone. If a person sticks with the more tried and true tweaks from Cydia and stays away from the dodgy stuff - the phone is fine. Of course and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

I'm using most of the tweaks that you referred above. Bitesms is a great Addon to iPhone in my opinion. I also tried inteliscreenx and lockinfo but didn't like it much ( I think it's not much benefits in my opinion).
What I realized with practice is that we have to be careful to choose the tweaks/apps to install in Cydia because some of the offers are not compatibly with our iOS or with one app/tweak already installed.
Had a problem with bigify that made me have a lot of headache untill I discover what was the problem.
What I noticed too was that sometimes some apps where always crashing. Safari, YouTube, mail and tapatalk are some examples. Some of them where solved with a reboot, others was more complicated.
When I get my iPhone with too much problems, I just clean it up and update everything and start from scratch.
I think jailbreaking and installing and testing and "playing around" with an iPhone is for someone that likes to "play around" and not only use just the iPhone as a normal user.
Jailbreak is a risky funny way to make our iPhone with much better performance and productivity. But it may go wrong for some point and.... **** happens :) we just have to have our backups done daily!

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 