What's new

Iphone 4s is causing problems

jules12092

Reaction score
Problem: plugged my 4s into my friends Mac.
Here's the list of problems that occurred.
1) every single txt in my inbox are people's numbers, not the names so idk who txtdd me
2) every single time someone calls me it's there phone number not there name, although there full name shows up in my contacts
3) iMessage won't work. I send a message and it creates a seperate txt with the txt but to no sender. And it freezes my iPhone everytime I click on the blank message to delete it.

Apple tried fixing it saying it only occurs to Verizon users. She kept restarting my fone and dialing *228 to activate it. Did that for like an hr and she said "there's nothing we can do"

Please help me ! Oh p.s: the old hag at apple told me that my phone recognizes every ones names as international numbers (people's numbers in my contacts and inbox doesn't have parenthesis around the area code. . Where the phone automatically does that when adding a contact. Therefore without the parenthesis my phone thinks everyones numbers are international)

Mine works as advertised...something is programmed wrong on your phone. I would take it back to Apple and let someone else take a look...and if nothing, then demand an exchange.

Good luck.

Why did you hook it up to a friend's computer? I'm guessing that is the issue, not Apple... you must have synced your phone or something. Try restoring on your computer to a backup you hopefully did on your own iTunes account.

First, try doing a complete restore on the phone. Second, the phone should only be hooked to computers with your iTunes account, no one else's. That will corrupt the information and cause problems. Do a complete reset and link back to your iTunes account.

Also, please refrain from titling threads as this one originally was. I edited the title. We don't condone that type of posting on here.

Sorry about the title. I was just pissed off. I always plug it into her Mac to charge it. I never had problems with it. I did restart it sooooooo many times. I even restored default settings thinking that would help. I downloaded the new iTunes software too. And plugged it into my laptop. Nothing works. Maybe I will go back to apple. But I have Verizon. And apple is linked with AT&T so I can't ask for an exchange, right?

jules12092 said:
Sorry about the title. I was just pissed off. I always plug it into her Mac to charge it. I never had problems with it. I did restart it sooooooo many times. I even restored default settings thinking that would help. I downloaded the new iTunes software too. And plugged it into my laptop. Nothing works. Maybe I will go back to apple. But I have Verizon. And apple is linked with AT&T so I can't ask for an exchange, right?

No apple is not only linked up with AT&T
Apple is just a the creator and just supply's sprint AT&T and Verizon with the iPhones so even though your on Verizon you can still go to either apple or even try Verizon but most likely apple but remember you need to have warranty

Please post a screen shot like this of one of your contacts so we can see what it looks like. You can just make a phony one up. $IMG_7413.jpg

For some reason, this is seeming more like an Apple issue than a Verizon issue. The way it isn't bringing the names back and such. Is it showing anything in your contacts list? Any of your regular contacts? I've had several texts that would come in that I would have to go back and apply a name to them again, but once that was done, it held the names ever since. That was after I did my initial Google linking to bring my contacts in. That might be the situation you're in. I'll keep an eye out for other possible fixes.

It won't let me upload pictures. I think I'm gonna go back to apple and ask them for help. Thanks guys for all your help. I honestly don't care about the phone number situation. I just want my iMessage to work.