What's new

iPhone 4S sim-problem

Hynnen

Reaction score
Hi.
I just replaced the screen on an iPhone 4S.
Got a little problem after this.

After I put it together and turned it on, it's just searching for signal. Antenna connector is plugged in and I cleaned "metal to metal"
A strange thing: If I start it without the sim card, it also says that it is searching for signal. And it just seeking all the time.Usually I have been told that "sim not installed"? and told to unlock the sim when i put it in? But nothing happens...

Does anyone know what the problem might be? It worked fine before switching the screen...
Please help me :)

From the lack of response it would seem your alternative would be to make an appointment at an Apple store and let the genius people take a look at it.

Well.. Here's an update: The signal got back and the sim card got recognized again after one day. The motherboard was in and out several times :p

And now: Did two new screen repairs on 4S and the same problem appears. (Have done more screen repairs that worked fine before these two new ones)
The blue indicator is intact and the antenna cabel is connected. What to do?

Still no one with an answer?

Well, found a solution to this problem.

The solution I found: Insert the sim before you turn on the phone. Then connect the iPhone to the WiFi. Take the sim card out, and put if back in ;)
Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Well, found a solution to this problem.

The solution I found: Insert the sim before you turn on the phone. Then connect the iPhone to the WiFi. Take the sim card out, and put if back in ;)
Hopefully this will resolve the problem.
Thank you very, I just have this problem