What's new

Will not read sim-card after screen replacement

knutolav

Reaction score
Hi

I just switched out a broken screen on a 4S. Everything works fine, but the phone will not read the sim-card. It just says "Searching..." in the top left corner. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Are you sure the SIM card works?

Maybe the SIM card holder or socket was damaged during the screen repair

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
hoben02's tip actually worked. Just had to take the SIM out and back in again. Thank you!

hoben02's tip actually worked. Just had to take the SIM out and back in again. Thank you!
it was probably not seated properly the first time. I'm glad to see that the solution was so simple. Thanks for letting us know, it may help the next person with the same problem.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Unfortunately, the joy of a new screen did not last long... The screen stopped working due to faulty manufacturing. I connected an old screen to check if it was the new screen that was the issue. When I connected the old screen it fired up like normal, when I got to the locked screen it says "iPhone deactivated, try again in 23 181 100 minutes"(!). Does anyone know how I can access the phone? I don't have the patience to wait 44 years. ;)

It sounds like you didn't use an OEM screen? Using a non OEM screen can cause problems.

I can tell. First time I've had issues though