What's new

How Do You Change The Sim On the Sprint 4S?

Photoboy

Reaction score
I noticed what looks like the SIM card slot on the right side of the phone and it has a little hole next to it. Do you need to put a paper clip in that hole to open the slot? The Sprint phone is supposed to come with a SIM in it but how can you use that abroad. Do you have to put a foreign SIM it or is there a way to use the included one? Is the included one just a dummy? I am a long time Sprint user and have never used SIM cards before so any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for my ignorance.

-Photoboy

The 4S is a "World Phone" that has GSM & CDMA radios. Sprint obviously uses CDMA technology and does not use a SIM card. I'm not sure if Sprint is unlocking the SIM slot to be used w/ cards abroad or not. If there is one there as you bought it... then it's a dummy. Yes, you can use a small paper clip to pop the tray out. Check w/ your carrier to see if the SIM slot can be unlocked to use if you ever travel abroad.

The 4S is a "World Phone" that has GSM & CDMA radios. Sprint obviously uses CDMA technology and does not use a SIM card. I'm not sure if Sprint is unlocking the SIM slot to be used w/ cards abroad or not. If there is one there as you bought it... then it's a dummy. Yes, you can use a small paper clip to pop the tray out. Check w/ your carrier to see if the SIM slot can be unlocked to use if you ever travel abroad.

Thank you very much. It is not a world phone if you can not do this or at least it is very crippled...I will check with Sprint to see if i can actually use it abroad and if it has to be unlocked for this use or not.