What's new

What iOS does a new iPhone 5 ship with

mach1man

Reaction score
So I'm looking at buying another iPhone after I sold my first one to try out android again. I had my previous iPhone 5 jail broken but I see that anything past 6.1.2 is not jail breakable yet. So what does a new iPhone ship with? Anyone buy one recently

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

So I'm looking at buying another iPhone after I sold my first one to try out android again. I had my previous iPhone 5 jail broken but I see that anything past 6.1.2 is not jail breakable yet. So what does a new iPhone ship with? Anyone buy one recently

I bought my iPhone recently and it currently runs iOS 6.1.4 fully updated. I remember receiving one full update so I'm not sure what the iPhone 5 ships with right now.

Darn it. If it was 6.1.2 out of the box I'd be at best buy tomorrow lol

Do you think iOS 7 will be jail broken?

Do you think iOS 7 will be jail broken?

I have heard that is already jailbroken but the developer isn't going to release anything for a few months. Just so you know, jailbreks are never guaranteed. It takes time to find a vulnerbility which can be exploited and more time to develop it into a method that the public at large can use. If the developer releases a jailbreak too early, then Apple can patch it - which is why devs don't want to "waste" a jailbreak.

Good rule of thumb: don't count on a jailbreak until one is released to the general public.