What's new

What's taking so long?

notchstang92 said:
I was in Verizon Saturday and per ordered a 64gb white iphone 5 and it is set to shop by 10/26. Some stores locally have 64gb ones in stock. Maybe talk your dad into upgrading and take a 64gb. The girl at Verizon store said people are waiting until mid November for a 16gb one due to demand. Maybe demand is just so high and so many are ahead of your father's order that you can't get a date yet.
Yeah I finally talked to a guy with AT&T who said that if he had've gone with white or a different size they'd already have them. Oh well...too late now.

Checked the order status while laying in bed before I went to sleep last night and it has finally been taken off back order. So hopefully it'll ship today.

I still marvel that on opening day I walked into my local VZW store - not to buy an iPhone5, but rather looking to see which Droid Razr I was going to buy (Droid owner for the previous 3+ years). Only the "M" was available, and while checking it out one of the reps asked if I had looked at the iPhones yet. Five minutes later I was convinced and walked out with a black 64 gig model. The kicker - they had several hundred fives (both colors and all 3 sizes) in stock and I was the only one in the store (around 10:15am). What got me is that the news was showing all these lines at the Apple stores and the forums were alive with people quoting pre-order stalled delivery dates, etc. I went back to the store the following Tuesday and all fives had been sold with the exception of a few white models. To date they are still awaiting back-ordered supplies now.

I'm thinking the Man upstairs decided I needed something to go right that day for me! :)

cuskit said:
I still marvel that on opening day I walked into my local VZW store - not to buy an iPhone5, but rather looking to see which Droid Razr I was going to buy (Droid owner for the previous 3+ years). Only the "M" was available, and while checking it out one of the reps asked if I had looked at the iPhones yet. Five minutes later I was convinced and walked out with a black 64 gig model. The kicker - they had several hundred fives (both colors and all 3 sizes) in stock and I was the only one in the store (around 10:15am). What got me is that the news was showing all these lines at the Apple stores and the forums were alive with people quoting pre-order stalled delivery dates, etc. I went back to the store the following Tuesday and all fives had been sold with the exception of a few white models. To date they are still awaiting back-ordered supplies now.

I'm thinking the Man upstairs decided I needed something to go right that day for me! :)
Oh yeah I was angry when I saw that people were buying spots in line at the NY store for $1,000 or more! All those dummies ( MODERATOR NOTICE: language ) had to do was go right outside of town to a middle of nowhere Verizon or AT&T store and stand in line for 15 minutes tops and get one! Idiots...

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll know if it's being delivered on time when the UPS guy rings your doorbell! The delivery status of my iPhone 5 didn't show as out for delivery until after I had it in my hands.

Yea mine has shown leaving Memphis since Friday and it's to be delivered today. Tracking updates have been non-existant. I ordered a 32GB Black. Estimated ship date was the 27th.

Wow, ordered two white 16GB's on the 7th of Oct and I'm still waiting. Going on a trip Nov. 9-26th, sure hope it shows up before than.

I live in Canada so don't know if were comparing apples to oranges...ordered the 5 on Oct. 10th, the rep said they are hoping to fill all back orders by Christmas. The store has received 6 shipments (each consisting of between 2-6 phones) of the 5 since it has been released.

Yes I live in the sticks.

Must learn patience!

joejim said:
I live in Canada so don't know if were comparing apples to oranges...ordered the 5 on Oct. 10th, the rep said they are hoping to fill all back orders by Christmas. The store has received 6 shipments (each consisting of between 2-6 phones) of the 5 since it has been released.

Yes I live in the sticks.

Must learn patience!

The shipping delay in the Apple online store is 3-4 weeks, quite a bit faster than your supplier. This is, however, for unlocked phones sold at full price. It may be something to think about.

Last edited:
The shipping delay in the Apple online store is 3-4 weeks, quite a bit faster than your supplier. This is, however, for unlocked phones sold at full price. It may be something to think about.

Thanks for the suggestion, I used to work for Telus so still have some loyalty towards them, ordered the 5 thru the local mobility dealer on a 3 yr term. I found it humorous when the rep said some people have called twice in the same day to see if their phone had arrived.

Nothing like anticipation! Sounds like something i would do. :)

Last edited: