What's new

Help me decide

mach1man

Reaction score
OK so I've been looking into getting an iPhone 5, but I need to be able to jailbreak it. I know anything above 6.1.2 isn't jail breakable yet, but I've read where someone has already jail broken ios7. Is this true? All the iPhone I find are on 6.1.4 and I don't want to get an iPhone phone if I can't jailbreak it now or in the very near future. So will iOS be jail broken even with that new activation screen and should I make the jump.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

howdy! yup rumors are same but some say Evasi0n 1.5.4 can get the job done. I haven't checked it properly but found a video on youtube about Evasi0n 1.5.4 for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S on 6.1.3 Firmware.

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Link To Fake Jailbreak Site

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is possible to jailbreak iPhone 5. But it’s important to have the Jailbreaking software like Jailbreakunlock.info to do it for you and guide you throughout in the process of jailbreaking in an easy manner because doing this yourself can be dangerous. I have personal experience with my friends who tried to do this, just to find their iPhone getting bricked. So, don’t try it without proper guidance.

What are the advantages to jailbreaking a phone?

howdy! yup rumors are same but some say Evasi0n 1.5.4 can get the job done. I haven't checked it properly but found a video on youtube about Evasi0n 1.5.4 for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S on 6.1.3 Firmware.
Despite anything you may have seen or heard, there is no such thing as an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak for the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

Well that kinda stinks. What's the likelihood that iOS 7 will be jail broken? I'm on the fence of buying a 16gb already jail broken iPhone or a 32gb non jail broken iPhone and then wait and hope it comes.

Well that kinda stinks. What's the likelihood that iOS 7 will be jail broken? I'm on the fence of buying a 16gb already jail broken iPhone or a 32gb non jail broken iPhone and then wait and hope it comes.

The likelihood of iOS 7 being jail breakable is high. But - its the same "game" as it was with every new major iOS release - will Apple [finally] be able to outwit the jail break community and prevent a jail break? But, so far, the jail break community has pulled it out, so we expect the same here.

But.

No one knows the time frame. And, given that iOS 7 is not even released yet, it really is too early to even begin to speculate on a jail break for iOS 7. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed that (1) a jail break will be found and (2) it will be released relatively soon after iOS 7 is released.

Of course, no one is stopped from researching and creating their own jail break. ;) The rest of us, however, the ones that can't create a jail break - well, we just have to wait. And hope...

Marilyn

Likelihood, yes there will be an iOS 7 jailbreak. There's been a possible team of trolls trying to overhype a false hope of an iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4. If there's any definitive news on it, we'll have to posted up. There are many fake sites that promise a jailbreak but are just a load of farce.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk