What's new

Upgrade window

arrowsulu

Reaction score
I've got an iPhone 5 running untethered jb ios 6.1.2. I've also got an iPod 5th gen that came shipped with ios 6.1.3 so I've been upgrading through all the ios 7 betas and public released firmwares up to 7.0.4 I believe I stopped there but I love ios 7 and I want to have it on my iPhone 5 I just want to wait until the 7 jb Is released so I don't loose my jb for too long. Heres my stupid question if I stay on ios 6.1.2 and apple releases 7.1.x and its not jailbreakable and the signing window for 7.1 closes then I forfeit my chance to upgrade to 7.1 and lose my chance to re-jailbreak unless for some reason there's another update that is jail breakable. Is that correct? Thanks for any input!

Security updates with respect to exploits and vulnerabilities used for jailbreak utilities are not patched until the utility is fully released or unless it was leaked. If @Evad3rs repeat the Evasi0n process again, they'll give us an exact release date and time, and users can choose whether or not they want to stay on iOS 6 or iOS 7 within the window that it's released and the release of the next iOS following that may patch the exploits

Security updates with respect to exploits and vulnerabilities used for jailbreak utilities are not patched until the utility is fully released or unless it was leaked. If @Evad3rs repeat the Evasi0n process again, they'll give us an exact release date and time, and users can choose whether or not they want to stay on iOS 6 or iOS 7 within the window that it's released and the release of the next iOS following that may patch the exploits

That make sense. It's been so long since I jailbroke my i5 I actualy forgot that part. Thanks for the clarification!