What's new

Upgrading to 7.0.6 in order to Jailbreak

Fujinna

Reaction score
Hey, I have an iPhone 5 32GB running on iOS 6.1. Today it started crashing every few minutes (also lagging) so I want to upgrade it and jailbreak it.
How can I upgrade to 7.0.6 after the 7.1 came out?
Will it solve it?

Thanks,
Fujinna

Last edited:
Hey, I have an iPhone 5 32GB running on iOS 6.1. Today it started crashing every few minutes (also lagging) so I want to upgrade it and jailbreak it. How can I upgrade to 7.0.6 after the 7.1 came out? Will it solve it? Thanks, Fujinna
I'm afraid you can't. The only iOS version you can upgrade your iPhone 5 to is the latest version, iOS 7.1. At this time there is no jailbreak for your iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1. Once Apple stops signing a particular iOS version, you can no longer upgrade to that version.

And upgrading not via iTunes? There used to be that option through some tools in the past.. are they all dead?

And upgrading not via iTunes? There used to be that option through some tools in the past.. are they all dead?
There is no way, by any method, to upgrade your iPhone 5 to an iOS version that Apple is not signing, as part of the upgrade process is a verification with the Apple servers.

Last edited:
i believe the term is downgrade because upgrades/updates are to get newer versions