What's new

What do you think of iOS 6

I don't think its been worth it other than Safari speed. That has increased a lot over 5.1.1. FB contact sync sucks. It puts some contacts under the same name as duplicates and others it merges w/ your phone contacts. If you try to delete a FB sync contact you can't. I will keep it on the phone and hope the next update fixes all the bugs.

I am used to this being a blackberry user for years before getting the iPhone 4. Just not used to it w/ Apple.

Passbook iOS 6 is a promising tool, but it needs to be less confusing. I hope Apple notices and makes some changes to the way Passbook gets pushed.

Last edited:
We can say It is possible to take into account passbook iOS 6 as a new Apple's online wallet. Try this new feature on your iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 has got PassBook iOS 6 app for making electronic tickets. You can scan the device to check in for getting retail coupons, flight and loyalty cards.

iOS6 does not seem to work very well with my 3GS. I updated, and now I keep getting the dreaded "Temperature" error. I have to shut the phone off, then turn it back on, just to use it for maybe a few minutes before the temperature error returns. I've tried to restore with iTunes, but it just updates. I'm going to download the link provided in the thread here in iPhone forums. Wish me luck.

Well after all the hopla about ios6
It would seem its became apples biggest
Failure I have had nothing but problems
Went by the apple store yesterday and
There was a huge line. Not it buy A
iPhone but with iPhones that did NOT
Work since the ios 6 release
Sad Steve Jobs would have never
Released this soft ware with so many
Bugs . I am now waiting to see how
Long it will take apple to admit that
They screwed up and how long will
It take to fix this

Well after all the hopla about ios6
It would seem its became apples biggest
Failure I have had nothing but problems
Went by the apple store yesterday and
There was a huge line. Not it buy A
iPhone but with iPhones that did NOT
Work since the ios 6 release
Sad Steve Jobs would have never
Released this soft ware with so many
Bugs . I am now waiting to see how
Long it will take apple to admit that
They screwed up and how long will
It take to fix this

Reminds me of my blackberry days when we could run hybrid builds because RIM couldn't build a good stable OS. I hope Apple isn't going that route. RIM and Android have enough OS issues, but Apple was always stable and reliable until iOS6.

Hi friends, I am having a problem with a third party application "Skype" with OS 6 in my 4S. It was working perfectly with OS 5 and after upgrading it is not responding to any skype to skype calls. It will continue up to the contact screen and after then no response. Do anybody facing the same problem with the new OS? I have tried reinstalling but no use. i thought it is only with me, but one of my friends confirmed it that he is also facing the same issue. Kindly help me out to resolve it. Thanks.

Hi friends, I am having a problem with a third party application "Skype" with OS 6 in my 4S. It was working perfectly with OS 5 and after upgrading it is not responding to any skype to skype calls. It will continue up to the contact screen and after then no response. Do anybody facing the same problem with the new OS? I have tried reinstalling but no use. i thought it is only with me, but one of my friends confirmed it that he is also facing the same issue. Kindly help me out to resolve it. Thanks.

Let me just say this about Skype. You build the app to the OS, not the other way around. It's on Skype to upgrade to perform well on IOS 6.

hookbill said:
Let me just say this about Skype. You build the app to the OS, not the other way around. It's on Skype to upgrade to perform well on IOS 6.

Free messaging. I understand. That with ios6 using face time i can send SMS using email address via WiFi with no texting charge (i don't like to pay)

Dear Hook, that was a good one! facetime is banned in the UAE. one of the possible apps is skype and all of the sudden i lost the access after the upgradation. and just wanted to know that if anybody else out there is also facing the same problem? not sure it is because of the service provider. not sure how many of you are using this app as facetime is open everywhere apart from the Midle East region. How sad that I could not find any video conferencing apps to replace it. Please help!

Dear Hook, that was a good one! facetime is banned in the UAE. one of the possible apps is skype and all of the sudden i lost the access after the upgradation. and just wanted to know that if anybody else out there is also facing the same problem? not sure it is because of the service provider. not sure how many of you are using this app as facetime is open everywhere apart from the Midle East region. How sad that I could not find any video conferencing apps to replace it. Please help!

It would be better to start your own thread or use the sites search feature to locate any threads that have previously covered the subject and a possible fix.