What's new

What do you think of iOS 6

p3unit32

Reaction score
I'm excited to try it out, however it may not be on my 4S. I want LTE capabilities.

Back to the topic; I'm grilled about maps, passbook, Siri, Facebook integration, mail, etc. I'm really excited about everything Scott mentioned, especially the FaceTime over cellular connection.

What do you think? I would have liked to have seen more customization features, but oh well.

It all looks impressive but I wonder if it will all work in the UK, especially SIRI as at the moment it doesn't find restaurants businesses and the like :(

I like the thought of voice guided gps but am dreading the "deep Facebook" integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar_D_Grouch said:
Same here, I may be mistaken, but I read that iOS 6 won't be available for the first iPad...is that true?

We will have to wait and see.

It all looks impressive but I wonder if it will all work in the UK, especially SIRI as at the moment it doesn't find restaurants businesses and the like :(

I second this. It doesn't find anything in Belgium either. Will the new maps gps work in europe? I don't think so.. imho Apple should consider integrating with the entire world before bringing out new stuff which work only in the USA. So I say no to iOS 6.

Oscar_D_Grouch said:
Same here, I may be mistaken, but I read that iOS 6 won't be available for the first iPad...is that true?

That is correct, I'm guessing here but the limited RAM probably makes it a non-starter.

The Archangel

PHONEGUY said:
Complete guide to iOS 6 device compatibility
io6 looks like the start of fragmentation for apple. since it won't be supported on older devices.
Well done Apple:mad:

It's inevitable, either legacy devices start to get left behind or they restrict the improvements for newer devices, whichever they do one camp or another would complain, it's a lose lose situation for them......but personally I think that this is the best strategy.

The Archangel

InsideBoxer said:
I second this. It doesn't find anything in Belgium either. Will the new maps gps work in europe? I don't think so.. imho Apple should consider integrating with the entire world before bringing out new stuff which work only in the USA. So I say no to iOS 6.

I thought Scott Forstall said the maps app was global. And if not, give it time. Google maps wasn't what it is today when it 1st came out. But I totally understand. It's like the HTC One X& the Samsung Galaxy S3 having quad cores and twice the memory in Europe and Asia, but dual core and 16GB memory for US versions.

doesn't the 3GS have less ram than iPad 1....why the hell are they supporting it then?