What's new

iOS 6 to Launch September 19

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_61.JPG

Aside from all the iPhone 5 excitement today, Apple also officially announced iOS 6 of course, which will be available to download in one week’s time, Wednesday, September 19, which is just two days before the iPhone 5 goes on sale. It will be available for the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, the new iPad, iPad 2, and iPod touch, but sadly not the first-generation iPad. Apple says that iOS 6 comes with more than 200 new user features including the all-new, Apple-designed Maps app, complete with turn-by-turn navigation and the new Flyover view; Facebook integration for Contacts and Calendar, including the ability to post straight from Notification Center; Passbook; new Siri features, including more language support, easy access to sports scores, restaurant recommendations, film listings; Apps such as Photos, Safari and Maps will all also be Siri and Facebook enabled; and finally, iOS 6 will also add Shared Photo Streams via iCloud.

Source: Apple to launch iOS 6 on Wednesday, Sept. 19
Apple

I'm trying to find a good reason to upgrade my iPhone 4 to ios 6. Seems like all the good features only work with the 4S or newer. Like the cool parts of the new Maps. Siri etc. Someone convince me. I have to wait till January if I want to upgrade to iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Sweet. FaceTime over cellular!!! Oh, only for the 4S. Or newer.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net